Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Commis II Work & Learn
Commis II (Work & Learn)
Looking to work - and to start your education? And get paid for it? Accor's Work & Learn program is designed for you! Do you have an appetite for career progression and are you ready to take your culinary skills to a world class platform?
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Competitive benefits package
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Winnipeg and over 5,000 properties with Accor
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Ensure that you work safely and in accordance with the hotel's Health & Safety Policy, and ensure all local and hotel food hygiene procedures and practices are followed during your shift.
- Act as an example of the Fairmont values to colleagues: Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, and Excellence.
- Be an example of hotel and Service Promise Standards in interactions with guests and colleagues.
- Produce excellent quality food items by following established procedures for food production as set by Sous Chefs and the Executive Chef.
- Make a mise en place list and set up next day's shift for success.
- Follow menu item worksheets with accurate ingredient lists, preparation methods, and pictures for all menu items.
- Use proper food storage and rotation procedures to minimize food waste.
- Ensure fridge temperatures are recorded.
- Communicate in a timely manner with the Sous Chefs any food items that need to be ordered.
- Drive Guest Satisfaction Index scores by ensuring standards for timeliness of service are being met.
- Assist in enhancing the colleague experience through teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Ensure the kitchen fridges and walk-ins are clean and organized.
- Communicate to the Sous Chefs or Chef de Partie any equipment maintenance needs.
- Ensure that food for the staff Cantina is of high quality and cost-effective.
- Ensure that the kitchen is operating in a manner consistent with the programs of the Sustainability Committee.
Your team and working environment:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 18 years or older
- Strong language & communication in English
- Creative and passionate about joining the hospitality industry
- An energetic team player able to multi-task successfully and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be highly organized and enjoy working in a dynamic environment where they are expected to take pride in consistently producing excellent quality food for our guests.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Located right in the heart of the city
- 340 guestrooms and suites
- 13 meeting rooms and over 20,000 square feet of spacious, elegant function space
- One Lobby Level dining room and lounge
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, ensuring that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS