Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Commis
Mondrian Singapore Duxton
What do we expect from you?
Under the general guidance of the Executive Chef or any other authorized by the management, responsible for preparing all food items to the Executive Chef's and restaurant standards. The Commis is an essential member of the Food & Beverage team dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our guests.
How your day looks like?
How do I deliver this?
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes
- Serve food (for example, soup, desserts, sides, entrees) in proper portions onto dishes, plates, mugs, and bowls, ensuring proper plate appearance
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served to waiters or patrons, according to standards
- Ensure food storage areas are clean
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
- Tell it like it is- Authentic, honest, you mean it, sincere, true.
- Have fun and make friends - fun, energetic, whimsical, upbeat, "wink", casual.
- I've got your back- Accountable, responsible, makes up for own promises, knows how to take ownership, follows - thru, dependable.
- Play to win - Original, cutting edge, new, "outside the box"; open to new possibilities, different.
- Right here, right now - Attentive, detail-oriented, always focused, always in the moment, precise, owns the guest.
- Minimum N Level qualification
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in a similar capacity
- Team player
- Strong sense of accountability