Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
03 Jan 2022
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Fairmont Château Lake Louise
Conference Services Manager - Weddings
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is seeking a Conference Services Manager (Weddings) to join our team. We are looking for an individual who is goal orientated, creative, and innovative with an outgoing, friendly, and persuasive personality to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Conference Services and Catering, the successful candidates main focus will be contracting and organizing Weddings, and assisting with small to mid-sized groups (corporate, incentive, catering & ski) when required.
To learn more about our lifestyle and location visit our website: www.lakelouisejobs.com
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Experience living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Your experience and skills include:
- Build strong working relationships with all hotel teams and clients
- Accountable for booking and increasing Wedding/Social Event business, through the development of new business and active follow up of existing inquiries.
- Respond to all inquiries, according to standards.
- Effective management of activities/bookings to assist in achieving hotel revenue targets.
- Quote and negotiate pricing within established parameters and process contracts.
- Solicit from and confirm with client, all information pertaining to the event
- Assemble and distribute consistent, detailed resumes and banquet event orders and floor plans, that clearly represent a weddings every requirement for all departments to be governed by
- Communicate effectively with hotel operation departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Manage room blocks in relation to pick up, rooming lists, attrition and cancellation.
- Coordinate for the client while maintaining strong relationships with outside suppliers: entertainment, electrical, audio-visual, display, decor and floral.
- Conduct pre-convention meetings when required as per the standard operating process.
- Conduct professional site inspections and menu tastings as required.
- Be available to assist client while on site at appropriate times (evening and weekends are required). Require flexibility to accommodate irregular or extended hours.
- Attend daily and weekly meetings including, but not limited to Resume Meetings, Group Pick Up Meetings, BEO Review Meetings and Operation Meetings.
- Complete exit interviews following the function to ensure complete satisfaction with our services & event
- Participate in wedding tradeshows as required.
- Identify and communicate lead referral opportunities for other Fairmont Hotels and Resorts.
- Stay current with trends; assist with creation of new themes, special events and service standards.
- Collect market and competitive intelligence - adjust strategy as required.
- Ensure all health and safety standards (hotel safety, Allsafe protocols, AHS regulations) are properly communicated and adhered to.
- As a member of the hotel leadership team, other duties as required to support the hotel from time to time
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- C ompliance with the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise "COVID-19 Safety Policy
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed. Your team and working environment:
- Post-Secondary Education or Hospitality Certificate an asset.
- 2-5 years' experience in Conference & Catering Services or Sales with background in hotel operations an asset
- Professional presentation, excellent communication skills and the ability to close a sale.
- High energy with exceptional organization skills. Must be able to work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, fluent in English (required) and French (an asset).
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
- Computer literacy required including knowledge of Word, Excel.
- Must be a creative and effective leader, possessing a high degree of professionalism. assetOperational Food & Beverage experience in a Hotel environment a strong asset
- Proven ability to plan and organize events effectively, with an acute sense of detail & creativity
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS