Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Cook - Full Time (Seasonal)
Fairmont Pacific Rim
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Wonderful company culture - our colleagues are at the heart of all we do
- Excellent training with the opportunity to build a successful career
- Fun work environment
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities
Your experience and skills include:
- Review the daily BEO with the CDP or Sous Chef and prepare the necessary food items in accordance with Fairmont standards in a timely and efficient manner
- Kitchen maintenance and cleaning. Following food safety requirements.
- Maintaining proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize spoilage
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
- Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and Food Safety guidelines. Ensure that all ECOSURE standards and processes are completed on a daily basis, this includes but isn't limited to filling out daily temperature logs, labelling and dating of items as well ensuring food storage areas are cleaned daily.
- Food preparation and cooking, plating, presentation
- Apply 5 Diamond and 5 Star Service Standards at all times
Your team and working environment:
- Creative and passionate about food and customer service
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; a team player.
- Completion of a recognized culinary program
- Must be Food Safe Certified
- A neat, well-groomed appearance as per hotel standards
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Previous experience in a luxury hotel environment is an asset
- Career minded with strong personal initiative and a desire to achieve the department's vision and goal
- Physically fit to stand for long periods of time and lift 20kg regularly throughout a shift.
- Work with a diverse and passionate team dedicated to creating lasting impressions on our guests by providing award winning food.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS