Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Cost Controller
Sofitel Dubai The Palm
- Provide a summary of the costs required by various colleagues in the Accounting and Control Department to prepare daily and monthly reports.
- Provide Department Heads with the cost figures necessary for them to operate their individual profit center profitably.
- Provide a system of monitoring the data input by operation level ambassadors.
- To compare details of quantities, unit costs, etc., on regular purchase orders to those on authorized purchase requests.
- To audit prices and quantity variances as per daily Receiving Variance Report.
- To ensure the inventory items and services which are bought and used in providing guests services and facilities are stored and used in the controlled manner and according to accounting principles.
- To check the data entered in Materials Management by ambassadors and to correct where necessary.
- To prepare daily the Comparison Report on Food & Beverage Actual vs. Potential costs / sales.
- To reconcile the cost of all officer and entertainment checks and apply credit to the respective departments.
- To prepare analysis on General Stores issues such as guest supplies against budget.
- To verify the accuracy of recipes for the outlets and kitchens for the purpose of inventory control and potential costing.
- To maintain records of inventory transactions which cannot be tracked through the system such as banquet events, cocktails and buffets.
- To audit inventory transactions and make adjustments when necessary.
- To collate and journalize month-end figures.
- To attend month end and other stocktaking activities in all Food & Beverage and general areas.
- Reconcile and obtain explanation on variation and prepare Inventory Adjustment Authorization for the Director of Finance's approval.
- To coordinate and assist in the inventory taking of operating equipment every four months.
- To maintain and keep track of all the FF&E items of the hotel and to coordinate and assist in the inventory taking of FF&E every year.
- To have a full working knowledge and capability to supervise, correct and demonstrate all duties and tasks in the assigned Place of Work to the standard set.
- To be entirely flexible and adapt to rotate within the different sub departments of the Accounting & Finance Division.
- To be fully conversant with all services and facilities offered by the hotel.
- To conduct market survey of different items so as to ensure that the prices paid by hotel should be below the market retail prices.
- To understand and audit the operating procedures (purchasing, receiving, store, preparation etc.) of Materials Management Division.
- To spot check periodically internal purchase orders for Food & Beverage items against their appropriate market lists.