Hotels & Resorts
Dubai, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Demi Chef De Partie
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Demi Chef De Partie - Cold Kitchen
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach
Demi Chef De Partie - Cold Kitchen
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Be very knowledgeable about the method of preparation and the standard recipes for all menu items.
- Ensure adequate preparation of stocks and mise-en-place
- Come up with new, innovative ideas related to the product, displays, plating and Buffet set-up's.
- Ensure guest needs and expectations are met by providing a consistently high standard of food preparation and presentation.
- Assist the Executive Chef and be responsible for your related section and ensure top-quality products for all outlets as required as per the Hotel standards.
- Consistently follow the instructions provided by the Executive Chef in the successful preparation, presentation, and storage of any items.
- Maintain and clean all work areas, kitchen equipment and utensils to high standards of hygiene as required by the hotel.
- Co-ordinate with colleagues whenever necessary regarding operational concerns.
- Be familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operate them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
- Participate in regular meetings and briefings as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
- Assist in the implementation of the various food safety and hygiene standards including HACCP and other Municipality regulations.
- Work closely with the Hygiene Officer in implementing all hygiene and safety procedures.
- Participate in any scheduled training and development programs that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of two (2) years' experience as a Commis 1 in the cold kitchen section of a 5 star hotel or resort.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS