Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Demi Chef De Partie
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Demi Chef De Partie
MÃ¶venpick Dead Sea
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Chef de Partie, assists in directing and controlling the whole food production in a manner that ensures the highest level of food quality, sanitation in food service and departmental profitability. Responsible for high quality of food and presentation of Buffet sets up, a' la Carte dishes and Banquets and to build up and maintain an excellent reputation. Display creativity, in order to be different and new to create a new market.
What you will be doing:
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Chef de Partie in his absence
- Checks on taste, consistently and quantity of all prepared food items, ensure there in no over production
- Assists the Chef de Partie in the production, preparation and presentation of all food Items to ensure highest food quality at all times.
- Studies and creates new dishes
- Controls movement of unauthorized person in the kitchen
- Ensures proper storage of all raw materials and food items, and makes sure no spoilt materials are kept.
- Checks and taste all buffet, displays and banqueting set-ups in accordance to the Executive Chef's specification and takes action if he sees discrepancies immediately
- During peak hours i.e. lunch and dinner, Demi Chef is to be stationed at the outlet kitchen or Buffet to ensure the food is served according to the Executive Chef's specification.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Maintain a climate of trust and team spirit though out the operation
- Give special attention to staff welfare and social activities
- Providing excellent self-discipline, gains respect from all and inspires good team work
- Leading by example
- To attain and follow up on any guest complaints
- Guest suggestions have to be listened to and brought to the Executive Chef's attention
What is in it for you?
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all company policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
Your experience and skills include: Education
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Discounted Food & Beverage, Golf and Spa on property
- Senior High School, Hotel School or Tourism Academy, VTC
- Held Commis 1 position, minimum of 2 years and had previous experience, in reputable establishment of a minimum 6 years.
Your team and working environment:
- Good communication skills in English (oral)
We are Dream Makers and committed to creating memorable moments for our guests and colleagues inspired by our authentic warmth and essence of generosity Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS