Director - Catering Sales
Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director - Catering Sales
- To maintain the highest standards of professionalism, ethic and attitude towards client and colleagues as an ambassador of Fairmont Jaipur.
- To maximize daily sales call into the field where leadership examples drive sales effectiveness with team players.
- To prepare monthly and review account managers "Hit list" of competitor key accounts as part of key objectives to convert these accounts to Fairmont Jaipur. Submit to DOMS for review. To monitor conversion rate of these.
- To review on monthly basis profile of meetings & events accounts database based on room night production, average rate to ensure accounts are achieving room night production requirements. Update Director of Sales & Marketing on account fluctuations.
- To recommend and prepare master list of yearly sales blitz requirements for the hotel based on meetings and events rate offers within local market and nearby feeder markets.
- To attend coordination meetings as required by Fairmont Jaipur standards, which will be reviewed from time to time.
- To establish programs and direct efforts to achieve Meetings & Events and groups' room night goals and to develop ongoing and new relationships with customers .
- To follow through from initial negotiations thru departure and to be the co-ordination contact for of all Meeting & Events at Fairmont Jaipur.
- To develop Creative Themes events from time to time together with Director of Sales, Assistant Director of Sales for potential customer's request.
- To ensure that weekly activity (report) and weekly plan are submitted on time.
- To achieve daily targeted level of sales call. Quality sales call 4-5 per day).
- To prepare monthly action plan and to be submitted to Assistant Director of Sales by every 28 th of the month.
- To achieve weekly standard of 3 client per week for site inspection and entertainment at the hotel. These are to be qualified potential accounts or new accounts for the hotel.
- To ensure the hotels rates structure is adhered to at all times.
- DOS or DOSM must sign all hotel contract rates prior to submission to client.
- To monitor competitor market conditions including rates, average rates and account movements on an ongoing basis to ensure the hotel maintains its competitive edge. Update changes DOS on changes.
- To develop new business leads for the hotel on weekly basis (2 accounts per week is the minimum standard).
- To service top accounts with DOSM or DOS and ensure continuity in communications with these accounts.
- To bring DOSM or DOS entertain top supporter and potential customers to ensure all bids and develop new potential business for all Meetings & Events groups.
- To ensure conversion rate from enquiry to definite meets LBR target 55% is the standard.
- To maximizes up selling opportunities whenever possible.
- To be performance and result driven.
- To maintain established personnel policies and procedures of Fairmont Jaipur.
- To assist ADOS/DOS to identify sources of group on Meetings & Events business to the hotel and establish solicitation programs to maximize sales.
- To help identify sources of new individual business and direct resources to secure them.
- To participate in development of marketing plan, sales action plan, profit plan, and marketing audits.
- To manage function space utilization and holding period of tentative groups to maximize catering revenue.
SKILLS AND ATTITUDE REQUIRED: ã
- To manage group bookings in relation to room availability, room type and customer spending potential to maximize rooms and other revenue.
- To maintain close, frequent, open communication with the, Director of Sales, Assistant Director of Sales and other department.
- To coordinate communication between Meetings & Events, and Banquet Operation Department and operating departments of the Hotel to assure awareness of bookings and sales programs.
- To maintain timely and responsive communication with accounts and prospects.
- To ensure that all safety, health, security and loss control policies and procedures and Government legislation are adhered to.
- Performance and result driven.
- Able to prioritise workload, is organized and well structured.
- Must have initiative and be a self starter, not waiting to be driven.
- Computer literacy is a consideration: knowledge of Hotel system is advantageous.
- Able to overcome obstacles and objections.
- Sees challenges as opportunities.