Hotels & Resorts
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Assistant Chief Engineer
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director of Engineering
Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan
Director of Engineering
Your experience and skills include:
- Novotel & Adagio Abu Dhabi Al Bustan is looking for a dynamic leader who is highly organized and capable of providing leadership, guidance and direction in achieving the hotel's vision and mission. Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Engineering will be responsible for implementing Accor engineering and work standards, and overseeing the engineering department operations.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee the engineering department with attention to details and follow-up to ensure satisfactory completion of tasks and projects
- Maintain all equipment and systems in correct operational status including but not limited to Accor MEP standards, Fire & Life Safety standards, Risk Management, environmental standards, expenditures and project management.
- Ensure proper completion of the Preventive Maintenance Program for guest rooms, public areas, and safety systems while working closely with the Rooms Division, Food & Beverage Department, Security, purchasing and other operational departments.
- Maintain all mechanical rooms inclusive of Boiler Plant, chilled water circulation, air handling units, fan coils, VAVs, motors, pumps ...etc.
- Prepare and control of the monthly and annual engineering department budget
- Experience in yearly engineering-budget preparations and monthly forecasting of the department's expenses
- Forecast and manage the hotel energy and water usage and all the associated costs
- Prepare CAPEX expenditures for the engineering department and assist all other departments in preparing their CAPEX needs
- Identify issues and provide solutions, inclusive of outsourcing and managing 3 rd party companies
- Identify, budget for and manage projects related to renovations and or replacements within the hotel
- Work closely with the purchasing department to source the best products for the least cost
- Monitoring the Hotel's Energy consumption on daily and monthly basis.
- Ensuring prompt and/or immediate response to maintenance requests from our guests, employees, and management of the Hotel.
- Coordinate and complete all audits related to engineering and risk management
- Responsible for departmental health and safety, training programs, statutory compliance
- Manage at hotel level ACCORs Energy/Sustainability Programs
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Bachelors' degree in the engineering field with a minimum of 5+ years' experience in a similar position in a hotel, OR a technical degree with 8+ years in a similar position with project management experience in the hospitality industry
- Team player and a proven team builder.
- Professional Engineer Designation an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to be flexible, and to work well under pressure.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with computerized maintenance systems
- Must lead by example by displaying a high standard of performance with the ability to communicate these expectations to the team to achieve above expectation results.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS