Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director of Finance
Novotel Kolkata - Hotel & Residences
- CA Qualification preferred.
- Ideally with a University Degree or Diploma in Finance or Hospitality/ Tourism Management.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as Director of Finance in larger operation.
Key Responsibilities: Finance Planning
- Organize and direct the team to supervise all revenues and expenses, as well as all inventories.
- Responsible for managing the day to day financial reporting and controlling requirements of the departments, and will be required to review and analyze management accounts.
- To plan, direct, supervise and coordinate the activities of the personnel involved in accounting and other financial functions of the organization.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve financial performance.
- Maintain an account of all the transactions of the organization.
- Responsible for budget and cost controls, financial analysis, accounting practices and reports.
- Any matter which may effect the interests of Novotel Kolkata Hotel & Residences should be brought to the attention of the Management.
- Responsible for establishing budget forecasts (investment budget and operating budgets) for the organization and keep a record of monthly budgetary discrepancies.
- Prepare Annual Budgets for effective management of the organization.
- Respond to queries, by resolving issues in a timely and efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain seamless co-ordination & co-operation will all departments of the hotel to ensure maximum cooperation, productivity, morale and guest service.
- Ensure that the team has been trained for all safety provisions.
- Ensure that all personnel are kept well informed of department's objectives and policies.
- Motivate and develop the team to ensure smooth functioning of the department and promote teamwork.
- Identify optimal, cost effective use of the resources and educate the team on the same.
- Preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts.
- Monitor budgetary and key performance indicator movements.
- Ensure to liaise with the company auditors and regulators.
- To develop the financial reporting and accounting systems.
- Responsible for all financial and accounting functions of the organization.
- Analyze financial implications of propose capital projects/expenditures.
- Provide guidance to the other Department Managers regarding accounting or financial matters and analysis of financial reports.
- Develop, update, maintain and monitor the effective implementation of policies and procedures, financial position forecasts, Corporate, Management, and Internal reporting.
- Ensure to manage the development of accounting admissions, credit/collections and internal control policies.
- Recommend to the management on the issues related to Stock Management and Inventory controlling.
- Prepare periodical Management Information Reports.
- Performs all other functions as assigned by Management.
- Ensure to take the responsibility for maintaining accurate records.
- Providing effective Financial controlling & also implement Control systems.