Job Description For Director of Food & Beverage at Movenpick Cam Ranh, Cam Lam District, Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Movenpick Cam Ranh
Key Deliverables and ResponsibilitiesPlanning and Organising:
- To oversee the food & beverage operations of the Hotel
- To interact with other departments to ensure guests receives high level of service
- To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected and not requested
- To be creative and encourage and implement revenue generating ideas
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests' satisfaction
- To take the time to get to know the guests and to be committed to service excellence
- Coordinating purchasing for the food & beverage department with the finance team as per the hotel procedures
- Conduct interviews for candidates in the department in conjunction with Human Resources and prepare job descriptions
- Adhere to and monitor departmental operating expenses as per departmental budget and forecast.
- Review and monitor departmental work schedules, oversee that departmental payroll is in line with budgets.
- Participate in the hotels budgeting, strategic planning and marketing plan creation.
- Implement and drive the Food & Beverage departments 12 month promotional calendar and liaise directly with Marketing and PR to make sure the creative to support the calendar is actioned in a timely manner
- Train and develop the food & beverage team in the departmental operating standards
- Maintains a presence in the outlets during operating hours.
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of food & beverage operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions
- To lead daily food & beverage briefings and monthly employee meetings
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To drive the performance of the food & beverage team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with Human Resources
- Ensure the team work within the department with a sales focused attitude and team are aware of sales opportunities within the hotel which will assist with the maximization of revenue.
- Ensure all team members are aware of all food & beverage revenue targets and are kept informed of performance results.
- Ensure guests are communicated with and assisted in an efficient, warm and professional manner by all team members.
- To ensure a consistently high standard of grooming is followed and by self and team
- Actively review guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area
- Actively participate in guest events when requested.
- Adhere to company credit policies to ensure all expected revenues are secured
- Ensure daily shift handovers are conducted in a professional and constructive manner.
- Regularly spot check duty shift checklists to ensure tasks are completed.
- Ensure all daily system closing procedures and reports are being completed as per company standards.
- Source and audition entertainment options suitable for internal entertainment spaces
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and share with the team.
- Actively visit direct competitors and review marketing material to ensure awareness of their activities.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive chef to ensure the service team's product knowledge of all menu items and ingredients is thorough.
- Prepare both a detailed description of each dish on the menu per outlet as well as an organic glossary of menu terms to assist service staff product knowledge.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To work closely with the Finance department to produce monthly financial reports timely & accurately
- To review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources in order to improve guest satisfaction level as well as employee productivity and satisfaction
- Oversee the implementation of a training plan for all food & beverage team members
- Monitor and keep updated training records and schedules to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per hotel standard.
- Ultimately responsible for all aspects of Micros including training, preventative maintenance, screen design and presentation and accuracy.
Core behaviours are our actions: what we say, what we do, and how we interact with one another. Our behaviours come from what we believe in, what we value. At Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, we call these value-based behaviours. The following statements provide indicators of the types of behaviours we expect employees in our company to display.Trust:
Operates with fairness and integrity, fostering an environment of transparency and sincerity through open and honest communication and by honouring commitments.Relationships:
We build and maintain strong connections with colleagues and guests, valuing diversity in people and perspectives whilst overcoming potential obstacles to increase cooperation and collaboration.Drive:
We are action-oriented, setting direction for self and others, clarifying goals and objectives and overcoming barriers and challenges to produce results.Entrepreneurship:
We fully understand the business and market context, identifying and seizing opportunities for continuous improvement and supporting change.Work Experience
Diploma of college or university completion and achievements of food and beverage / hotel management.
Five years or more of restaurant, bar and/or kitchen experience.
Food terminology, application, operation, costs, menu development and controlling inventory. Benefits
Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
Ability to make a difference in the local community through our
Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21