Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Director
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director of Food & Beverage I Novotel Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
ABOUT THE NOVOTEL SURFERS PARADISE
Novotel Surfers Paradise features 408 well-appointed rooms, located in the heart of iconic Surfers Paradise and our beautiful beachers. Featuring a variety of dining options including: The Restaurant, Blvd Café and Bar, Pool bar, in-room dining, conference rooms, off-site catering, pool, spa, tennis court and gym.
We are looking for an experienced and influential industry leader as Director of Food & Beverage to join Novotel Surfers Paradise. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing operational Food and Beverage teams. Reporting to our General Manager , you will collaborate with the Leadership Team to deliver successes for the Hotel with particular focus on the Food & Beverage departments.
You will be managing all elements of the Hotel's food and beverage operations and responsible for conceiving, creating, coordinating and exemplary service delivery. You will be entrepreneurial in your approach and embrace new trends taking the team on the journey. To be successful you will typically require experience in managing a large scale operation within the Hotel, which in our case is Restaurant, Blvd Café and Bar, Conferencing & Events, Kitchen Operations, Pool Bar & In-Room Dining. This role will suit a current senior Food and Beverage Manager looking to take on your next senior role.
What you'll be doing:
- Determine and provide strategic direction to your departments, ensuring performance and effective management of teams
- Ensuring the smooth, efficient and profitable day to day operations of Food & Beverage outlets as well as conferencing and events.
- Providing leadership and support to operational kitchen and food & beverage teams
- Delivering on our Accor Live Limitless loyalty promise
- Maintaining operational systems, championing best practice processes and procedures as well as new and innovative ways to do business.
- Ability to coach, develop and influence our leadership team to enhance the overall food and beverage profitability and performance
- Provide guidance and support to align departmental goals with overall Hotel strategies
- Delivering on the Novotel brand promise in all interactions
- Work with our leadership team to develop strategies and execute effectively across multiple operational departments
What does it take to lead our Food & Beverage Business?
- Fostering an environment of care, collaboration and trust
- Willing to work alongside the team to achieve operational excellence
- An obsessive eye for detail, ensuring that the Hotel is always presented at the highest level possible.
- Always leading with a solution focused and positive attitude
- Proven strong financial performance results
- Possess high level of integrity and respect for colleagues and guests
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
- A passion for hospitality and service, particularly in a fast pace bar environment and a deep understanding of the industry and its trends.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, and a track record in mentoring, motivating, and managing large groups of casual staff and creating a positive culture in an exceptional service environment.
- The ability to attract, recruit, train, appraise, roster and manage HR issues within your department.
- The ability to continually evaluate operations and suggest innovations and changes where needed to ensure that we continue to improve on our operations and service.
- A passion for guest experience and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- A strong financial acumen, focusing on maximising revenues whilst maintaining yield, and a desire to deliver on commercial objectives
- Superior computer and IT skills, and an ability and enthusiasm to engage with software that can ensure efficiencies for colleagues and guest. This includes POS & PMS Systems, financial systems, guest service, HR and operations software: Order Up.
- A positive 'can do' attitude and desire to make a difference within the organisation.
- The ability to proactively lead change and manage projects.
An amazing opportunity to be part of the team for Australia's largest hotel chain - Accor, offering future career growth opportunities across multiple brands locally and internationally. The position also offers 10% bonus upon achieving KPIs, complimentary parking, colleague discounts across the Accor Network, dry cleaning, online training opportunities through the Accor Academy (RTO) and flexible working hours.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.