Job Description For Director of Front Office
Director of Front Office
Providing engaging, sincere, personalized service is one of the ways our Front Office Colleagues and Leaders are turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Pittsburgh! Showcase your leadership and interpersonal strengths as Director, Front Office, where you will lead our team of service ambassadors, maximize Front Office operations and ensure exceptional guest service.
What Is In It For You:
What You Will Be Doing:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible Benefit and PTO plans
- Generous 401k options
- Employee rates at Luxe Accor properties in North and Central America
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet21 and Employee Wellbeing initiatives
Reporting to the Director, Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Your Skills and Qualifications Include:
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of all Front Office functions and related services to achieve maximum sales and guest satisfaction, while adhering to established company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate Front Desk, Guest Services and Royal Service departments while on duty to ensure the smooth operation and highest level of guest satisfaction
- Seeks feedback on guest satisfaction and resolves problems in accordance with our Mission Statement and philosophy of employee empowerment.
- Ensure that a high level of guest service is achieved at all times in all Front Office departments and that complaints are handled efficiently.
- Monitor house count during the day via stay over analysis, cancellations, early departures, no show, and bed assignments to maximize revenue and occupancy.
- Carefully oversee group arrivals which include: Pre-assigning rooms, pre-keying and ensuring availability of special requests, reviewing resumes and assigns Resume Reviews.
- Ensure proper assignment of rooms of the VIP and Loyalty guests and the distribution of the VIP report to all departments.
- As often as time permits, help inspect the allocated rooms and escort VIP guests to their rooms.
- Handle guest requests for credit with Night Manager and Accounting.
- Work closely with the Assistant Front Office Managers and ensures smooth shift transitions.
- Keeps accurate records of daily events in the designated log books.
- Ensure key inventory control.
- Assist in creating and maintaining manuals relevant to safety procedures, hours of operation, promotions, guest service requirements etc.
- Knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and systems, including Micros PMS relating to all Front Office Departments
- Promote a cooperative team spirit amongst colleagues by listening, giving positive feedback, monitoring and ensuring follow up.
- Responsible for recruiting Front Office positions.
- Responsible for colleague performance reviews and progressive disciplinary action.
- Design, implement, and follow up on colleague incentive programs.
- Conducts monthly department meetings with the Front Desk and Guest Services colleagues.
- Facilitate and manage colleague training as necessary
- Contribute to a fun, positive work environment for the Front Office Team and other colleagues
- Encourages colleague participation in special events.
- Assist with IT functions, including but not limited to: configuration of PC's, server/system updates, basic networking, troubleshooting, etc.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Front Office Manager experience preferred, management at a luxury property an asset
- Experience working with OPERA PMS advantageous
- Must have excellent computer and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills - oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Displays a team philosophy and leads by example
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must have proof of valid U.S. work authorization. Your Team and Working Environment
Fairmont Pittsburgh, a 4 diamond LEED certified luxury hotel, is located at the heart of Pittsburgh's business, cultural and retail hub. Fairmont Pittsburgh offers superb and distinctive guest services and accommodations in a luxury setting.
Drawing from Pittsburgh's rich history, fl.2 showcases a wide selection of local beers, craft cocktails, and an elevated Modern American menu with unique signature items that have the power to transform guests into regulars. Vibrant and inviting, the restaurant and bar offers a space that allows for an open, airy atmosphere with a modern framework incorporated with architectural elements. Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit, and promote diverse talent. Why Work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you are you are and you can find the job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor! careers.accor.com