Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Director of Golf & Wellness - Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel
Join us in writing the next chapter of the Carton House story.
There has never been a more exciting time to embark on a career with us. Carton House has re-opened as the first and only member of the Fairmont Hotel and Resorts brand in Ireland, one of the worlds most storied hotel brands.
We invite you to join us in writing the next chapter of the Carton House story. We want to meet people with a passion for service, innovation and going the extra mile for both our guests and colleagues. In doing so, we offer a workplace that puts excellence and innovation at the forefront while championing a diverse and inclusive team.
We are currently recruiting a Director of Golf & Wellness to join our Executive team at Carton House. Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Golf & Wellness will operate at a tactical and strategic level, managing and continuously developing all aspects of the Golf, Wellness business. This will involve providing a clear vision for its strategic direction whilst taking personal responsibility for identifying additional commercial opportunities, ensuring customer service excellence is consistently delivered, and revenues and profitability are maximized.
- Prepare departmental strategies, establishes effective goals, measurements and action plans for the department related to: Colleague Engagement, Guest Satisfaction, Revenue and Golf & Spa practices and procedures.
- Oversee all golf operations at the club, including tee sheet management, membership sales, golf shop and tuition, outside services, golf specific sales and marketing, food & beverage and liaising with both the ladies and men's clubs.
- Manage external relationships to Golf Department and Wellness.
- Discuss action plans with the Commercial Department to ensure that vendor partnerships will help drive Golf & Wellness related sales.
- Lead the annual budget preparation processes related to both departments.
- Responsible for yield management, revenue forecasting and stock management.
- Monitor return on invested capital and time resources.
- Develop a strong team through consistent effective leadership, training, operational management, and succession planning.
- Constantly monitor and be familiar with latest industry trends, new and innovative products and service opportunities. Present implementation plan to senior leadership when applicable.
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests.
Why work for Carton House, A Fairmont Managed Hotel?
- Experience of hosting successful, high profile golf events.
- Experience operating as a Director of Golf or representing a resort or club of similar standing in the last five years as a tour professional.
- Experience in driving/maintaining Spa and Wellness Memberships.
- Extensive knowledge of spa services and operating procedures.
- A Qualified PGA/European Tour Member with a minimum of five years' experience.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of implementing superior golf customer journeys.
- Have experience in performing within a team environment and have executive team experience.
- Experience of yield management, budgeting, revenue forecasting, capital expenditure, stock management and marketing plans.
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to payroll and the forecasting and budgeting of expenses.
- Experience in Sales and Marketing and attending trade shows.
- Experience of successfully coaching a range of clients and setting up and running effective Junior and Team coaching programmes.
- To be part of Accor's large global hospitality network.
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide.
- Refer a Friend bonus of €250.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Strong team focus and team atmosphere.
- Meals and uniform are provided.
- Free parking.
- Team-building and social events organised throughout the year in line with our successful Awards and Recognition Scheme.
- Training is provided both on-the-job and through organised training seminars with both internal and external trainers.