Director of Marketing & Communications
Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Director of Marketing and Sales
Validate Through :
22 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
- To develop the hotels yearly branding and communication plan in conjunction with the hotels yearly marketing plan so as to support and drive market penetration and overall sales effectiveness.
- To develop pro-active communication and advertising plans, (monthly and yearly) aimed at achieving results and developing awareness thus maximising the power of branding worldwide.
- To develop opportunities for sponsorships, partnerships that will enhance and support branding thus maximising market penetration and exposure through endorsement by third parties.
- To develop and monitor website exposure that will support market penetration and awareness in local and global markets, in line with positioning and branding requirements.
- To drive and maximise the E Channel media in order to ensure targeted financial numbers are achieved.
- To create & monitor the Social networking for Fairmont Jaipur, and to ensure these pages are kept exciting & up-to-date
- To review with Director of Marketing and Sales all Advertising agencies both local and international to ensure that not only the hotels brand guidelines are adhered to but to enhance the overall hotels performance, through this medium.
- To develop key relationships with our associates (partners) Public Relations consultant, Advertising Agency, Events Management consultants, suppliers etc, so that associates (partners) satisfaction drives the performances of these companies, thus we are able to extract the best performances from them.
- This is a key ingredient that supports the hotels marketing and sales performances and supports our drive for excellence.
- Marketing and Communications is an integral part of marketing and sales, being internal sales and exterior sales effectiveness, as the Associate Director marketing and Communications you are to be the hotels ambassador for these concepts.
- To develop and maintain a media contact data base, similar to sales with account listings, including the following: name of company/type of medium: newspaper or magazine or publication or radio, television etc, contact details updated every quarter, to include, updated, telephone/mobile, email addresses, with contact persons data. i.e. As well as, date of last date contact, reason or purpose of contact, any outcomes, date of last gift or giveaways given, invitations sent (accepted or rejected) date of press releases sent (coverage achieved not achieved).
- To be responsible to develop sponsorship/partnership relationships with key marketing partners within local market to support the drive to access key databases within to maximise market penetration to potential customer bases.
- To develop and maintain close relationship with both local and major feeder market media contacts to maximise opportunities for exposure and develop not only awareness but third party endorsement of the hotel through these channels.
- To monitor, develop as well as control distribution of hotel collaterals and publications where appropriate ensuring corporate I.D guidelines are applied.
- To support and develop in the production of Food and Beverage collaterals, advertising and promotional activities in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager and Director of Marketing.
- To ensure that both internal and external customers, which includes our extension to sales offices, being GSA, distribution centres globally (appointed GSA agents) as well as corporate offices are kept updated on Fairmont Jaipur, both information, newsletters, latest promotional offers, staff appointments and amendments and changes to information on the hotel. These should be done in a timely manner with procedures implemented for automated updating. Focus to be on external customer with "customer satisfaction driving their support of our hotel."
- To be the champion of hotel "Branding" thus cascading communications that supports the hotels core/essence concepts within all communication methods.
- To develop the hotels photographic library for quick reference, easy usage procedures with focus on being customer friendly. Photography should have a focus on the "WOW" factor to create impact, as pictures say a thousand words, out of the box concepts to drive the performance of this.
- Marketing and Communications budgets in line with the hotels marketing plan, with action plans to support this that are measurable and time related for review by the Director of Marketing.
- To develop press release concepts that is creative yet informative in copy and a style to maximise and capture coverage from (journalists/editors) so they welcome our releases rather than bin as trash.
- To play a key role in the guest arrival experience for incoming VIPs, special groups and media contacts to ensure our influence on public opinions are par excellence.