Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Director of Marketing and Sales
Validate Through :
31 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Fairmont Château Lake Louise
Director of Sales & Marketing
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is seeking a motivated and dynamic Director of Sales and Marketing with proven leadership skills, creativity and a "can do" work ethic. This position is accountable for leading all aspects of Sales, Revenue, Conference Services, Marketing and PR and will be responsible for collaborating with departments in developing and implementing strategies to maximize sales, revenue, destination and product awareness through all segments. In terms of specialization, ideally our DOSM candidate will have a strong understanding of the Transient segment with a track record of creating and driving tactics to achieve results. The DOSM will be required to effectively support and lead sellers who are off property in conjunction with working closely with the fellow DOSM's within a regional sales model, which includes a collection of mountain resorts; the Fairmont Banff Springs, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Further collaboration is required with Accor corporate office and other local and domestic destination partners. Turn your rich career into a rich life.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Experience living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Your experience and skills include:
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing and Canada's Western Mountain Region DOSM's to maximize the performance of both the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and the region as a whole.
- Strategies implemented will be a combination of regional and hotel initiatives to drive performance in all market segments - group, transient and tour. This role will be involved in both efforts while being responsible for ensuring that all revenue opportunities for Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise are maximized.
- Communication is critical for this role as it relates to the implementation of S&M initiatives to drive revenue, ownership communication, reporting, sharing of best practices, and the management of our regional sales and marketing team members.
- A desire to work collaboratively with others, in a complex but highly rewarding structure is critical for a successful candidate in this role.
- Develop sales and marketing & PR strategies & tactics that align and support the hotels strategic plan and positioning.
- Focus on the transient segment with the goal of strategically developing programming and resort animation to drive marketing and promotional opportunities. Collaboration with sister hotels to create content, and to share or adopt hotel best practices.
- Positioning transient offers for the backyard, long-haul domestic and international transient segments
- Will be responsible for the integration, repositioning and re-brand of the hotel and destinations wellness & lifestyle experiences. Once initiated, leverage this USP through all sales, earned, paid and owned media.
- Ability to analyze data and metrics, and to create a plan to action opportunities. Articulate updates and results as required.
- Identifies opportunities to increase on-going and additional revenue streams and creates value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
- Provides customer intelligence and evaluation of market & economic trends and adapts sales, pricing and marketing strategies to meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Lead and collaborate with the regional sellers to grow and develop new accounts & markets from the following segments (Group, Consortia's, Tour and FIT).
- Responsible for establishing all sales quotas as outlined in the budget and to work closely with all sellers, to drive performance to ensure goals are met.
- Active oversight for all digital marketing activities. Including content creation, analytics and preparing seasonal tactical plans for the property. This will include working closely with Regional digital marketing team to ensure synergies amongst regional and corporate campaigns/strategies.
- Oversee hotel's digital presence and manage the hotels' social platforms.
- Participate in the development of the hotel's online reputation strategy
- Develop and implements the creation and distribution of collateral (online and traditional) and all sales promotional pieces to support business goals and destination awareness.
- Fairmont.com and property microsite oversight to ensure content and offer updates are actioned by the property marketing team. Aligning microsite content to regional strategies and best practices.
- Monitoring all hotel's marketing efforts to ensure consistent tone and articulation of property USP.
- Ultimately responsible for the resorts adherence to all brand marketing standards. This includes internal and guest facing communications/signage.
- Develops meaningful and strategic partnerships with local and external organizations to further brand/product awareness. Collaborate with brand and regional teams.
- Manage local Public Relations initiatives and work in collaboration with regional Director of Public Relations for National/International opportunities.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge in Revenue Management, ensuring revenues/yields are maximized based on demand and growth requirements. Ability to maximize revenue during peak demand periods, while creating initiatives to drive demand during slow periods.
- Working with Revenue Management to monitoring rate parity and alignment with COR campaigns.
- Takes an active role in regional tourism organizations and other destination management organizations with a goal of representing the CWMR collection.
- "Hires the Best" for the property-based Sales and Marketing leadership team and provides on-going coaching, training and action plans to promote development of Managers and their direct reports.
- Leads and supports the on property conference services team. Ensures follow-up and actions plans to build VOG results and meeting planner guest satisfaction.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required and analyses external reports and resources to establish hotel's market position.
- Maintains a strong relationship with owners and actively participates in the preparation and delivery of monthly/quarterly/annual business reviews.
- Champion of all Accor S&M campaigns and programs thus ensuring hotel participation and compliance.
- Part of the talent acquisition steering committee for the resort. Providing insight and support on the analytics and marketing of our talent acquisition plan.
- Is an active member of the hotel executive committee, including participating in hotel events, assisting with communications and playing an active role in all colleague engagement action plans.
- Responsible for managing S&M expenses and payroll.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives.
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives.
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned.
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed. Your team and working environment:
- Five years hotel sales experience. Previous experience as DOSM required.
- Bachelors degree and/or Hotel Management degree an asset
- Experience in resort locations an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in advertising and promotional activities
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and strengths in innovation and results-orientation
- Proven Leadership skills and experience
- Creative, effective and passionate individual with a high level of professionalism and human relation abilities
- Computer literacy in Microsoft programs (Outlook, teams. ppt), Opera, S&C/SFA experience and administration skills
- Must possess a basic understanding of hotel accounting procedures
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS