Job Description For Director of Sales & Marketing
RAFFLES RAFFLES BOSTON - RBO
Director of Sales & Marketing
An exceptional opportunity presents itself for a Director of Sales and Marketing to be part of an iconic Boston Opening. Raffles Back Bay Hotel & Residences, promises to be a welcoming oasis of refined elegance comprised of a distinctive hotel as well as exquisitely appointed residences, located in the heart of Boston, Massachusetts.
What you will be doing:
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for initiating, planning, directing and managing the implementation of the Sales and Marketing strategy for the hotel.
The Director of Sales and Marketing oversees and directs all aspects of the Hotel's sales operation, distribution & pricing strategy, marketing and promotions, communication and public relations. The director of sales and marketing leads, directs and motivates the Sales and Marketing team and ensures the yearly sales budget is achieved and surpassed .
You will work to position the hotel as a desirable destination of choice, developing the brand awareness and partnership to increase the hotel visibility and maximizing all opportunities for sales and new business.
You have a strong local knowledge, awareness of competition, market trends, luxury hospitality, customer needs in order to be proactive and adapt with a strong network in the luxury industry.
You will be an effective communicator, who adheres to both legal/statutory responsibilities and Company Policies and procedures. You must be able to develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the:
- Development of the Hotel Sales & Marketing Plan and the Distribution strategy
- Preparation, Developing and execution of the Hotel's Budget and S&M Team Goals & S&M Team Incentive program.
- Identify sources of business in all market segments and provide the sales elements of developing relationships with them.
- Identify other sources of potential business for the Hotel revenue and establish solicitation programs to maximize sales.
- Direct and administer the sales and marketing goals of the Hotel.
- Analyze market changes and implement programs and corrective action with the Sales and Marketing Department to meet these changes, i.e.. Changes in the market place.
- To ensure discussions on tactics and strategies with the General Manager are carried out.
- Ensure company and Hotel's objectives are met through effective and appropriate packaging, product, pricing, and positioning of the Hotel.
- Develop a compressive digital campaign to develop Raffles London and OWO brand awareness
- Maintain supportive internal selling and cohesion between the Sales and Marketing Department and all Departments of the Hotel.
- Recruitment, selection, training and motivate the team in Sales & Marketing Department to realise their potential and to develop individuals for advancement.
- Monitor sales production and adjust sales activities, account coverage and sales priorities as necessary to achieve plan goals.
- Establish account qualification criteria and use market research and BI resources to identify priority markets and accounts. Assign sales personnel to assure coverage of all major markets and segments.
- Oversee the organization and execution of familiarization/site inspection trips by major clients.
- Management reporting including Monthly Sales Reports and Forecasts.
- Develop active communication and close rapport with Luxury Partners, Luxury company, Deluxe Tour Operators, and other sources of sales information and support.
- Execute campaigns to reach specific markets and any other programs or promotions that will result in achieving the goals set out in the Hotel Marketing Plan.
- Maintain a high level of exposure Online and Off line for the Hotel in major markets
- To ensure ongoing efforts are being made to identify and develop new accounts to meet portfolio growth objectives as identified in the annual performance appraisal.
- Utilise previous exposure, experience and contacts to cross-sell other properties in the Group.
You must have strong leadership ability, with a hands-on approach, leading from the front. You will live and breathe the Raffles culture serving as a brand ambassador.
You will have 10 years Sales and Marketing experience and be able to illustrate previous successes in a comparable luxury environment. Previous opening experience is a plus.
Passionate about the hospitality industry, art and culture, heritage and history, you will be driven to deliver excellence in our guest experience. Who you are:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on both guest needs, while balancing colleague needs, remaining calm and courteous
- Gracious and charming, delivering emotional experience with each individual guests
- Empathetic leader, you are keen to build emotional connection with your colleagues, help them develop their strength and provide regular and constructive feedback.
- You understand the meaning and importance of discretion
The Raffles name is synonymous with luxury, glamour and extraordinary adventure. Each hotel is an oasis of calm and charm at the crossroads of a civilization. Each is a carefully chosen destination in its own right. Each is uniquely, indefinably, sublimely Raffles.
Exciting and enchanting, refreshing and reinvigorating, Raffles is patronized by nobility and loved by those with a pioneering spirit and a taste for the very best in life. Legendary service since 1887.
Raffles is a beloved Accor Brand. We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do and nurturing real passion for service and achievement. Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey towards forging the future of hospitality. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS