Hotels & Resorts
Lake Louise, Canada
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Steward
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Dishwasher, Stewarding
Fairmont ChÃ¢teau Lake Louise
Dishwasher, Stewarding - $500 Bonus*
New-hire colleagues that attend their scheduled orientation between April 25 - May 30, 2022 are eligible for $500 bonus upfront!*
This role provides clean cutlery, dishware, and culinary equipment to the hotel using industrial grade dishwashing machinery and equipment. Ensuring the overall cleanliness of the dishwashing area and relative kitchen space. Working side by side with Culinary team assisting with prep duties when possible. Grow, learn, explore.
To learn more about our lifestyle and location visit our website: www.lakelouisejobs.com .
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Experience living in Banff National Park in the iconic location of Lake Louise
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Access to our Lifestyle Program activities
- One duty meal in our newly renovated staff cafeteria
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/fitness centre/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and over 5,000 properties with Accor
Your experience and skills include:
- Consistently offering professional, engaging and friendly service
- Exuding a positive personality, smile, and promoting constructive work environments
- Providing clean dishes, cutlery, baking & buffet equipment
- Operating industrial grade cleaning machinery and tools
- Exposure to food service grade chemical cleaning supplies
- Upkeep clean and sanitary conditions of dishwashing areas and relative kitchen spaces
- Assisting with culinary prep duties and adhering to requests by culinary CDP, Sous, and Executive Chefs
- Working in humid and hot environments
- Team-based environment working in two to three staffing areas for short to long periods of time
- General cleaning - mopping, sweeping, scrubbing, cleansing, polishing
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment, and actively participate in health and safety initiatives
- Adhere to all hotel environmental policies and initiatives
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned
You may be required to work on holidays, weekends, overnights and other non-day shifts. Submission of your application to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise indicates that you are able to meet these requirements as needed. Your team and working environment:
- Previous cleaning or food and beverage experience in a fast paced environment is an asset, but not required
- Self-motivated, with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrates initiative, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high service levels under pressure
- Physically fit to lift trays repeatedly, stand and walk for the duration of the shift.
- Rotating shift work with repetitive motions
- Lifting 20-30 lbs
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to multiple ski resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
CWMR-1890 - CWMR2022 * Bonus Terms & Conditions:
- Eligible employees must attend their scheduled hotel orientation date.
- Applicable for orientation dates between Monday, April 25 - Monday, May 30, 2022 only.
- Payout will be completed through first complete payroll period after completed orientation date.
- All payouts are subject to standard taxes and deductions as per payroll policy.
- If a new hire opts to delay their start date later than the above deadline, the bonus will no longer be applicable.
- Policy is only applicable to the positions specified above.
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reserves the right to modify to update this policy at any time.