Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Front of House
Location : Los Angeles, United States
Level : Staff Line level
Posted : 21 Sep 2022
Job Role : Doorman
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ44615
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-10-25
Salary Range (monthly): USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Fairmont Century Plaza
As a Doorman, your engaging personality will make a lasting impression when our Guests arrive at the hotel. You are essential in creating the first and last impression for our guests. Acting as the Fairmont Century Plaza ambassador, who will provide guests with information regarding the hotel, the city, and the brand.
What is in it for you:
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe.
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
What you will be doing:
- Supervise the Front Drive operation, providing our arriving guests with a warm welcome and our departing guests with a fond farewell
- Assist with loading and unloading luggage to and from guest vehicles
- Act as the ambassador of the hotel and the brand, promoting our hotel facilities, services, and amenities
Your experience and skills include:
- Service-focused personality with previous luxury customer service experience
- Knowledge of the Los Angeles, Century City area an asset
- Ability to take initiative in creating genuine connections with guests, residents, fellow colleagues, and community members in a personable, engaging, and intimate manner
- Ability to work and multi-task well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Your team and working environment:
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the "Western White House," (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza's place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor's Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment.
Visa Requirements: Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We commit to a future where diverse identities are celebrated, and equitable and inclusive practices are woven into the fabric of everything we do as an organization.
Fairmont Century Plaza is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO M/F/V/D
This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 (exceptions will be made for disabilities/medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law).
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS