Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Duty Manager
Grand Mercure Surabaya City
- Greets the VIP guests of the hotel. As directed by the Asst. Front office Manager, Performs special services for VIP Guest's.
- Assists in VIP's arrival departure in absence of guest relation officers.
- Checks cleanliness of lobby and public areas, lights and as well as front office staff in proper and orderly appearance and behaviour.
- Checks on registration cards of arriving guests and ensures all information should be filled on each cards either by Front Office Team or the guests.
- Gives the instructions to the Night Reception, during the high occupancy periods, regarding: walk-in guests and release room blocked because of no- shows
- Assists in handling room lock problems.
- Prepares and checks for VIP's arrival and escorts guests to rooms.
- Co-ordinates with all departments concerned in order to maintain Front Office functions properly.
- Operates the front office computer system in order to assist front office attendants.
- Checks group department, fit and ensure switchboard makes appropriate wake up calls.
- Handles guest complaints and other related problems and reports on the Assistant Manager's log book.
- Assists all team members during they are busy.
- Answers guests inquires, handles complaints and attend to the needs of the guests.
- Promotes and maintains good public relations.
- Motivates and maintains good staff relations.
- Maintains and be guided of hotel policy on credit/lost and found hotel guests properties.
- Follows up in credit check report, liaise with credit manager.
- To responsible for front office operation during the absence of Front Office Manager (HO).
- To discuss all matters that needed to follow up with the next shift Reception Manager.
- Approves the working schedule for the front office attendants and submits them to front office manager (HO).
- Conducts and ensures the neat of appearance of front office attendant as well as correct attitude and behaviour, discusses problems that encountered on this point with front office manager, assistant front office manager and their shift leaders.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and customer contact skills
- Results and service oriented with an eye for details
- Ability to multi-task, work well in stressful & high-pressure situations
- A team player & builder
- A motivator & self-starter
- Well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in hospitality industry
- Be a part of Global Community of Hospital Industry
- Opportunity to joint Accor Development Programs
- Optimal Employee experience and healthy working atmosphere