Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Front of House
Location : Rach Gia, Vietnam
Level : Management
Posted : 05 Jul 2022
Job Role : Assistant Front Office Manager
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ54007
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-09-09
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Premier Village Phu Quoc Resort - Managed by Accor
Job Summary - (Role Summary)
Under the general direction of the Front Office Manager, provides supportive functional assistance to all departments; interact with guests and members of the community. Coordinate with all departments in the hotel. Manage the activities of a front desk shift ensuring that guests receive prompt, professional attention and personal recognition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - (Key Activities of the role)
- Reports directly to and communicates with the Front Office Manager or their delegate on all pertinent matters affecting guest service and hotel operations.
- Provides functional assistance and direction to all departments.
- Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with Resort hotel departments as required.
- Reacts to situations to ensure guests receive prompt attention and personal recognition throughout the hotel
- Responds to guest needs and resolves related problems
- Supervises and directs Reception & Bell team personnel.
- Supports and assists Front Office personnel and all departments at peak periods.
- Ensures VIPs and A/Club club guests receive special attention
- Inspects front of house and back of house regularly for cleanliness and tidiness.
- Assists Guest Relations in greeting, rooming, and sending off VIP guests.
- Monitors appropriate standards of conduct, uniform, hygiene, and appearance of staff.
- Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Provides input for Front Office meetings.
- Promotes inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities.
- Checks billing instructions and monitors guest credit
- Analyses and approves discounts and rebates.
- Analyses the rate variance report to ensure rooms revenue control
- Takes action with the Property Management Systems (OPERA) in emergency situation.
- Communicate problems, resolved or unresolved to your Supervisor at shift change over and document in log book
- Report daily activities in logbook
- Ensures front line staff complies with FIT marketing techniques and maximize sales
- Fully conversant with all hotel emergency procedures
- When on night shift, performs duties per the Night Managers duties
- Is prepared to implement assigned tasks during emergencies such as fires, power failures and bomb threats
- Assists department manager to ensure departmental Risk Management Calendar actions are up to date as per monthly calendar schedule.
- Works with Superior and Human Resources on manpower planning and management needs
- Works with Superior and Director of Finance in the preparation and management of the Department's budget.
Required Skills -
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Good writing skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and OPERA
- Problem solving and organizational abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Hotel Administration, Hotel Management or equivalent
- 2 years experience in front office / guest services or related discipline including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employee benefit card offering
discounted rates in Accor Hotels
-Develop your talent through learning
programs by Academy Accor.
-Opportunity to grow within your
property and across the world!
-Ability to contribute to local community
and make a difference through our
Corporate Social Responsibility
activities, like Planet 21