Hotels & Resorts
London, United Kingdom
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Evening Room Attendant , The Savoy
"Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told"
Job title: Evening Room Attendant, Part-time
Inspired & supported by: Executive Housekeeper
Salary: £13.70 hourly
Your purpose will be: To take pride in creating the finest presentation of guest bedrooms and public areas of the hotel, ensuring consistency in our standards and exceeding guest expectations at all times. You will begin by specialising in guest rooms and have the opportunity to develop your skills to include public areas, laundry and cloakroom to become a well-rounded multi skilled Guest Servicing Agent.
Working hours: 17.00 to 22.00
You will be accountable for:
Your key responsibilities & contribution will be: To prepare guest rooms and public areas
- Undertaking all servicing requirements of our guests in line with our service standards while taking every opportunity for memorable personalisation
- Handling guest requests, belongings and personal items with the utmost care, security and discretion.
- Taking pride in showcasing our public areas ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness
- Engaging in meaningful conversations that will inspire our creation of memorable moments for guests
- The careful processing of guest garments and staff uniforms/garments
- Always putting our guests first
- To ensure that all specified areas are cleaned and presented within the allocated time frame in line with our service standards
- To replace mini-bar glasses, mugs and cutlery in the rooms
- To report any maintenance/cleanliness issues through the correct channels and to follow through to ensure issues are rectified.
- To inspect and give back occupied rooms/stay over and departure rooms in accordance with our service standards
- To complete audits of the rooms on occupied rooms and departure rooms
- To ensure service areas are kept tidy and clear in coordination with the HOH porters.
- To clean and maintain all public areas to the standard required (including corridors, staircases, guest lifts, guest toilets and any other public areas of the hotel)
To assist in our guest cloakrooms
- Provide directions and assist with all guest enquiries
- Handle guests' property securely, accurately and efficiently
- Liaise with security over any concerns or issues with guest items
- Ensure all required items are kept clean and replenished
- Cleaning of guest toilets and nearby public areas
To assist in the laundry and with valet services
What you will need to do this role: Essential:
- Collecting, processing and delivering laundry, dry cleaning and pressing for guests
- Assist with packing/unpacking/room moves for guests
- Polishing guest shoes
- Accurately recording and charging all items
- Sewing and garment repairs
- Operating laundry equipment correctly
- Assisting in controlling linen stocks and linen inventories
- Accurately processing and distributing staff uniforms, communicating damage and missing items
- Ensuring all communications with guests are in line with our service standards.
- Having thorough knowledge of hotel services and facilities to share with our guests
- Ensuring safe and secure use of master room keys
- Other duties as specified by Housekeeping leadership
- Frequently kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, reaching, standing and walking.
- The ability to prioritise and organise yourself
- Able to work under pressure and at high speed.
- Warm, enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- 'Can do' attitude and able to adapt to changes
- Problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail
- Highly responsible and able to follow directions thoroughly, whilst also able to work independently with little supervision
- The desire to develop your skills to include public areas, laundry and cloakroom
- 1 year minimum experience in the hospitality industry preferred. And 6 months minimum in housekeeping.
- Flexibility. Working 40 hours Monday to Sunday. Able to work different shifts (weekends, morning and/or evening) and able to assist with longer hours if needed.
- Outstanding communication skills
Please note that we believe in flexibility and multi skilling, and you may be asked to do different tasks from time to time to enable us to meet the needs of our guests and colleagues. What's in it for you?:
- Being part of The Savoy family - our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people