Job Description For Event Sales Manager
Fairmont Century Plaza
Event Sales Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Be an ambassador for our exceptional offerings where you will liaise between multiple departments to meet the needs - and exceed the expectations - of your clients.
What is in it for you:
- Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe.
- We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21 and WATCH
What you will be doing:
Your experience and skills include:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Confirm all event related information with clients
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, encouraging repeat business
- Organize convention bookings from date of booking to departure, including meeting requirements, guest room requirements, guest room pickup, food & beverage and audio visual
- Create floor plans for each event to ensure banquets and clients are in agreement prior to set up
- Initiate billing procedures, ensuring any deposits and/or credit applications are received with adequate information and within an acceptable time frame
- Conduct pre-conference meetings with clients and pertinent departments to confirm all relevant details are communicated
- Conduct and/or attend daily meeting to review event contracts and ensure last minute changes are communicated with appropriate departments
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
Your team and working environment:
- Previous sales leadership experience within a similar role required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
What was true in 1966 remains true to this day: The Century Plaza Hotel is part of a visionary development intent on doing what others could only imagine. Previously deemed the "Western White House," (as the only venue outside the White House to host state dinners), Century Plaza's place in history remains unshakeable. A modernized take on luxury and elevated guest experience from product to people enlivens the real wow factor.
This experience begins with a new kind of workplace, one where the energy is contagious, the stories are invigorating, and the challenges present inspiring opportunities to make your mark. We provide an environment of trust, respect, and integrity. A home away from home. Where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Privacy and personal information are protected. Through Accor's Employee Value Proposition, we ensure fair treatment and a workplace free from discrimination & harassment. Visa Requirements:
Must provide proof of eligibility to be employed in the United States of America. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We commit to a future where diverse identities are celebrated, and equitable and inclusive practices are woven into the fabric of everything we do as an organization. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS