Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
London, United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 20,000 to 50,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Events Coordinator
Accor Hotelservices UK & Ireland
ILEC Conference Centre & Ibis London Earls Court
Entry level position
£23,691.20 per annum + Incentives + Annual Bonus + Company Benefits + Full training
Ibis London Earls Court provides guests with a warm welcome, spacious and comfortable accommodation. Our hotel is a 12-storey three-star hotel with breath-taking views of the London skyline. With 504 guestrooms, including suites, family, triple and accessible rooms, a business centre, La Table Restaurant, George & Dragon Pub and on-site parking, it offers an ideal base for both business and leisure travellers. We are proud to work with some of the most talented and unique individuals in our business, who always ensure the extraordinary guest experience.
Our promise iscaring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits.
Our mission istomake the impossible possible to realize your dreams.
We are looking for an Events Coordinator to provide the necessary support to the sales team. The successful candidate will become the point of reference for colleagues and customers alike, by keeping schedules and providing feedback, documentation and information. The goal is to facilitate the team's activities to maximize their performance and the solid and long-lasting development of the company assisting the sales team to reach monthly objectives.
- Handle enquiries for events via email or phone during the shift, communicate immediately, and provide a reply or confirmation within a reasonable timeframe
- Take every opportunity to increase hotel revenues by upselling food and beverage and rooms
- To create and carry out the preparation of the function sheets and any amendments to them. To ensure that these amendments are issued to the head of departments
- Manage and work within a variety of budgets and ensure events are always profitable
- Ensure a prompt input of reservations and data for all group enquiries & bookings
- Ensures a clear line of communication with other departments for special requests or other reservation-related matters
- Clear communication with all staff in relation to all group related topics
- Ensure Accor brand and company standards are implemented and updated
- Ensure security and safety procedures are updated and implemented
- Promotes positive working environment by developing positive team spirit
- Providing outstanding customer service
Provide efficient, friendly and professional service to all guests
- Lead by example when attending to guest requests. Show efficiency in constantly striving to provide Total Customer Satisfaction
- Take initiative to ensure that interactions with our customers (internal or external) are positive and productive; call the Manager on Duty if difficulties arise
- Work together with trust so that colleagues and management meet the goals of the department/Hotel
- Treat customers and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect, sensitivity and transparency
- Take every opportunity to be a "salesperson" by active selling of special promotions and facilities available within the Hotel
PERKS FOR YOU:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sales focused with a particular aptitude for closing and upselling.
- Attention to detail and professional manner.
- Able to use initiative and remain calm under pressure.
- Opera and Delphi experience are a bonus
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Free and delicious meal breaks on duty
- Complimentary stays in UK and North Ireland
- Friends & Family discounts
- 50% food discounts in our restaurants
- Pension Scheme
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Staff Uniforms Provided
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21