Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
London, United Kingdom
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Events House Porter , The Savoy
"Placing extraordinary people at the heart of memories made and stories told" Job title: Events House Porter Department: Event Operations Inspired & supported by: Events Floor Manager/Assistant Event Operations Manager Salary: £25,600
Your purpose will be: Responsible for the setup of all functions spaces in the hotel. Events House Porters work under the direct supervision of Event Floor Managers.
You will be accountable for:
- Responsible for the setup of all functions spaces in the Events Department.
- To ensure that all conference and function rooms are set up to standard, in a timely manner as per the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and client's wish
- To direct and coordinate the work of event support team during set up
- To teach, coach and motivate support team to perform to the highest standards
- To consistently provide support to the management team with regards to set up and other additional function needs.
- To ensure that all the equipment is clean and in good working order.
- To ensure that all equipment are stored appropriately when not in used.
- To ensure that all vacated rooms are set up for the next event immediately after it is vacated, ready for inspection by a prospective client.
- Maintains contact with meeting planners and event planning staff to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- To be respectful and disciplined towards guests, colleagues, the hotel and materials.
- To develop teamwork and loyalty within the Savoy hotel.
- To be fully aware and comply with all statutory requirements on health and safety and all aspects of the hotel's Health and Safety Policy.
- To uphold excellent housekeeping practices to ensure a safe, clean and pleasant working environment. To 'work clean, work tidy' at all times.
- To ensure that all furniture and place settings for meetings, including linen, skirts, glasses and meeting amenities are placed in the correct manner and are clean and undamaged
- To ensure that all set-ups take place on time and according to plan.
- To ensure that all meeting rooms are ready 30 minutes before scheduled time and all function rooms are to be set up in time for the Events Operations team.
- To ensure proper care for all furniture and fixtures within the back of house.
- To report all broken and malfunctions equipment to Event Floor Manager on a daily basis and followed up.
- To ensure that meeting and banquet rooms are cleared down immediately after use and set up ready for the next day's business.
- To ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- To ensure proper care, security and maintenance of hotel equipment through proper supervision of service personnel.
- To maintain a daily housekeeping program to include storage and operational areas
- To ensure that the right equipment is in excellent condition in the right place at the right time.
- To inform Event Floor Manager of any needs in regard to stationary.
- To maintain a tidy, clean and organised storerooms
- To conduct daily and weekly cleaning and maintenance of the storerooms.
- To proactively plan each function and review set up requirements.
- To perform other reasonable tasks or projects as assigned by management.
What you will need to do this role:
- 1-3 years' experience in the Hospitality Industry. An asset.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality with the ability to build trusting relationships with others.
- Proven organizational skills, works well on their own. Able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
What's in it for you?
- Being part of The Savoy family - our culture is unique!
- We will trust, empower and develop you to fulfil your potential
- You will benefit from training and development opportunities
- We have regular social events
- Competitive Salary and benefits including pension and life assurance
- Laundry services & dry cleaning for uniform
- 31 days of holiday (including Public holidays)
- Colleague restaurant
- Colleague gym facility
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- Savoy Hotel discount, and discounts in Accor hotels
- And last but not least you will get to work with a team of EXTRAORDINARY people