Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Events Services Manager
Events Services Manager
Fairmont El San Juan Hotel's Events Services Manager is responsible for coordinating catering and group business once it has been contracted by the sales and catering department, through to the completion of the event or function, maintaining profitable operations and high quality service levels. They assist the Director of Catering in developing new local markets and drive revenue in the Wedding and Corporate segments. The Assistant Events Manager is also responsible for acting as a liaison between client and operating departments to ensure a successful meeting and to secure repeat business.
What is in it for you:
In 3-4 bullet points, showcase the benefits and perks of working at the property and Accor, including talent development opportunities and Corporate Social Responsibility activities
What you will be doing:
Your experience and skills include:
- Professionally represent the hotel through proposals, presentations and in person to prospective customers
- Frequent customer entertaining, conducting property tours, participates in tradeshows, industry and community events to promote facilities and services and secure business
- Has discretion and authority to negotiate contracts and establish agreements with vendors.
- Directly serves onsite group and catering customers in a proactive manner relative to logistics of group room block, food and beverage, public meeting space/exhibit hall, ancillary and vendor services, affiliates/exhibitors and related billing processes.
- Provides direction and supervision to affected departments and team members during execution of meeting and/or event
- Creative design of menus and events to maximize revenue and event experience
- Prepares and presents catering forecasts and reports as required by Director of Catering
- Coordinates with Dir. of Catering, formal planning for and execution of significant events
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of weddings sales, coordination, banquet and event etiquette, guest relations and service standards.
- Analyzes customers' service and product needs along with billing procedures for in-house groups
- Recommends and acts upon appropriate resolution of customers' concerns while maintaining profitability
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Opera S&C, prepares reports, correspondence and analysis relative to group activity, copies and distributes the same
- Participates in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Event Sales and Services, such as forecast, menu review, operational, departmental, citywide pre-cons, departmental pre shifts etc. Participates in internal and external training and industry events; i.e., Customer Focus Meetings & Conventions, Front Line Leadership, CPR, ACOM Institute etc. Participates in development and measurement of personal and team goals and action plans
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Two (2) year or four (4) year college degree preferred
- Requires a minimum of two-year's experience in guest contact areas of the hospitality industry
- Hotel and/or event planning experience preferred
- Ability to read, write and speak in Spanish and English to fully comprehend guest requests
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in hotel sales, event services, catering or a related field required.
- At least 3 years in field banquet/catering preferred.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS