Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Executive Chef
Novotel Chennai Sipcot
- Plan and design menus for food and beverage.
- Tastefully do pairing of wine with food.
- Monitor grooming, personal hygiene, proper use of equipment, delegation and efficiency of duties to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
- Liaise professionally with the Kitchen Department at all times.
- Monitor skill levels of staff and implement on the job training to ensure all kitchen staff are fully trained.
- Actively promote team work amongst kitchen staff to facilitate the achievement of kitchen objectives.
- Minimize food wastage at all times.
- Understand organization departmental financial objectives.
- Oversee all functions as necessary to ensure all food is at the required standard.
- Manage the ordering of food products to ensure financial objectives are met and produce is available for all events.
- Monitor the presentation of food to ensure it complies with company standards and guidelines as per recipe system.
- Manage rosters for casual, agency and section staff as per company policy to ensure appropriate resourcing levels.
- Distribute work schedules in appropriate sections of kitchen to ensure work is delegated efficiently at all times.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of food products to ensure it is as per Novotel Chennai SIPCOT standard recipe.
- Monitor the use of equipment and provide training where necessary to ensure staffs are using equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Ensure that all details relating to food for events are clearly understood and organised.
- Attend operational, event management and other work related meetings if necessary.
- Prior relevant experience of 8 - 12 years.
- Ability to drive change and look for operational efficiencies across the network
- Exceptional management and Motivational skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong leader with the ability to guide, coach, motivate and exhibition.
- Opportunity to develop Career.
- A Bienvenue card-offering a special staff rate at our hotels.
- Be part of global community in hospitality industry.