Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Steward
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Executive Chief Steward
Fairmont Washington D.C. Georgetown
Executive Chief Steward
If creating memories and being part of an exceptional guest experience appeals to you, perhaps you would be interested in joining the outstanding team of hospitality professionals at the Fairmont Washington, D.C. Located in Washington's fashionable West End, The Fairmont Washington, D.C. surrounds you with comfort and luxury. The perfect hotel for either business or leisure travel, The Fairmont Washington, D.C. offers spacious guestrooms and the brilliant colors of nature found in the hotel's central garden courtyard.
Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, the Executive Chief Steward's responsibility is to supervise, coordinate, and direct the operations of the Stewarding department in an effective and efficient way. The Executive Chief Steward is expected to maintain the smooth operation of the stewarding department and maximize labor efficiency, maintain budgeted labor costs, guarantee safe working conditions, and keep the highest standards of sanitation.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 2
Your experience and skills include:
- Directs and guides the Stewarding team to ensure smooth and efficient operation..
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Comply at all times with Fairmont standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Schedule all stewarding colleagues within the budgeted guidelines and provides best coverage for service demands.
- Work with night cleaning company to ensure proper cleaning of necessary areas
- Train all stewarding staff to perform duties above the standard
- Assure compliance with Health Department standards
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen, storerooms, hallways, dock and equipment
- Work with the Culinary, Food & Beverage, and Catering teams to anticipate equipment needs
- Must perform all steward duties
- Order and control inventory of all cleaning compounds
- Take physical inventories of china, glass, silver, paper and cleaning supplies
- Attends weekly BEO meetings; conducts monthly departmental communication meeting to share and disseminate information and attends any other meetings as required.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly labor reports.
- Other duties as required.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- At least two years of stewarding management experience required.
- Knowledge of all Food and Beverage outlets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be an effective supervisor and trainer, administrative knowledge an asset.
- Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job function.
- Current Serve Safe training and First Aid Training an asset.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines, adapt to change and perform with a high level of energy at all times.
- Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS #LI-KW1