Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Housekeeping
Location : Ha Noi, Vietnam
Level : Management
Posted : 26 Jun 2022
Job Role : Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ28235
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-09-11
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Grand Mercure Ha Noi, Vietnam
- Supervises Housekeeping personnel to ensure to ensure maximum guest satisfaction & they receive prompt and courteous services.
- Monitors Housekeeping personnel to ensure rooms and particularly those of known repeat guests and other VIPs receive special attention.
- Informs other departments of housekeeping matters, which concern them, notably the Front Office to ensure accurate room status, in addition to communicating with engineering.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Conducts appraising functions such as hiring, performance, counseling, suspending and dismissing staff if necessary, to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity. Consult with section heads or delegate as appropriate in performing these duties.
- Identifies training needs, develops formal training plans and implements training sessions.
- Schedule routine inspections by the Asst. Housekeeper and other supervisors, of all housekeeping areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms.
- Inspects guestrooms and all housekeeping areas on a regular basis.
- Conducts Housekeeping regular (departmental) meetings.
- Maintains appropriate standards of dress, hygiene uniforms, appearance, posture and conduct of department employees.
- Insures housekeeping personnel are familiar with in-house facilities for the purpose of assisting guests.
- Controls and arranges on an on-going basis, department costs to ensure performance against budget.
- Prepares capital budget, which includes purchase of furniture, equipment, renovation and building facilities that would improve service of the hotel.
- Monitors and controls inventories for operating equipment, linen and uniforms to ensure par stocks are maintained and costs are controlled.
- Maintains a steady flow of communication to General Manager and or delegate and to other department heads.
- Makes recommendations to management on equipment, work methods, supplies and decorations.
- Establish the organization chart of the housekeeping department and delegate authority.
- Understand and explain to the staff policies and guidelines set by the management. Evaluate periodically and recommend changes if needed.
- To control losses in the mini-bar and obtain higher sales volume.
- Care of indoor and outdoor landscape.
- Supervises outside contractors to ensure contractual compliance.
- Implement and control Housekeeping procedures including lost and found, key control, security and emergency procedures, health and safety for employees and guests.
- Evaluate change in guest needs, the guest mix and competitive set, to recommend appropriate products/services and operational changes as necessary.
- Anticipate and address guest issues and establish proactive processes to promote guest satisfaction.
- Be an inspiration to all Hotel staff to achieve luxury level of performance.
- Interact in a positive way with other departments to ensure a luxury guest experience.
- Must be an example of Hotel brand standards, and a champion of grooming and appearance guidelines.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Have a good communication skills
- Good English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities
- Strong Leadership skills in managing teams
- 4 years relevant experience preferably preopening experience