Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Executive Restaurant Chef
Executive Restaurant Chef
As Executive Restaurant Chef of ARC Restaurant & Bar you will lead a team of culinary professionals with creative culinary direction to create memorable dining experiences for our guests. Your experience in managing various aspects of a kitchen will be reflective in positive guest satisfaction and colleague engagement results. Our Culinary Culture is one that is always looking ahead to improve today and be better than yesterday. We respect each other, we respect the food and we are passionate about our guest's experience. We foster a work environment that promotes our culinary team's mantra that "EVERYTHING MATTERS".
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Wonderful company culture - our colleagues are at the heart of all that we do
- Delicious meals in our staff dining room with daily menu changes and healthy options
- Food & Beverage discount of 50% at ARC, Fairmont Waterfront and our local sister properties
- Transit reimbursement program and complementary bike storage
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities
- Comprehensive extended benefits package including short-term disability, Life insurance, ADD and a DCPP
Your experience and skills include:
- Lead the day to day operations of the a la carte kitchen, through an active presence on the floor, leading your teams to deliver service excellence.
- In collaboration with the other culinary leaders; oversee the entirety of the culinary and stewarding departments supporting the hotel Food and Beverage operations including the Banquet operation.
- Effectively participate in managing the departmental budget through purchasing, inventory management, pricing, and managing labour cost.
- Drive revenue and profit through the development and implementation of menu design, strategies, practices and promotions.
- Maintain food safety and sanitation of the kitchen, through industry leading food safety protocols.
- Highly involved in sourcing products and building relationships with local vendors.
- Represent ARC Restaurant at external events.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure effective operation of the hotel, and exceptional guest experiences.
- Train and lead the culinary team, ensuring they have the skills, training and tools to deliver world class culinary experiences.
- Take an active role with FOH leaders to ensure service colleagues are knowledgeable about the menu and can speak with guests comfortably about menu items, ingredients, and techniques.
- Personally engage with guests in the restaurants, ensuring exceptional culinary experiences.
- Take initiative to ensure guest satisfaction metrics are met or exceeded, responding personally to guest feedback.
- Participate in the recruitment and onboarding of new colleagues
- Promote the growth and development of internal talent.
- Pro-actively participate in colleague engagement initiatives.
- Active role engaging in Social Media and PR activities by promoting our restaurants within the community, on social media and the press.
- Lead the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and values.
- Other duties as assigned.
V isa Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Senior Sous Chef, Restaurant Chef or Chef de Cuisine role. A combination of both standalone restaurant and luxury hotel experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated passion for cuisine, guest experience and colleague engagement.
- A strong understanding of local food products and culinary tends.
- Food Safe level 1 or VCH recognized equivalent certification.
- Interprovincial Red Seal or equivalent certification an asset.
- Proven organizational skills; managing in a busy multiple outlet environment.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and well organized, excellent work ethic with a high degree of responsibility.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literate; well versed in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service driven environment.
- A team player with the ability to train, coach, build relationships and motivate employees.
- Practical understanding of productivity and labour cost.
- Versed on calculation of food cost.
- Understanding of safe work practices and initiatives to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Proven ability to drive revenues and profit, without sacrificing colleague and customer experiences.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to taste all food products.
- Ability to physically perform the duties of the Restaurant Chef.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. Your team and working environment:
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Have the ability to work with purpose and discipline creating and contributing to the successful Fairmont culinary culture
- Lead with confidence while creating a supportive work place
- Strive to advance knowledge, skills and abilities always encouraging an educational environment
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS