Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Executive Sous Chef
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Executive Sous Chef
Executive Sous Chef
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible for effective, daily leadership of all culinary food outlets.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
Your experience and skills include:
- Oversee the operations of all culinary & stewarding areas of the hotel.
- Maintaining food standards through use of standardized food recipes and safe food handling practices.
- Maintain High food quality in all areas, delivering the grandest of feelings to our guest and colleagues.
- Maintains food cost as budgeted.
- Maintaining labour cost / productivity as per forecast.
- Assists the Executive Chef in menu creations.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment and ensures that all Health & Safety standards are met, procedures followed and that colleagues have the knowledge and tools to work safely.
- Responsible for maintaining staffing levels through proactive recruiting.
- Maintain colleague engagement.
- Training and developing kitchen employees.
- Assume the Executive Chef's responsibilities during his absence.
Your team and working environment:
- Journeymen's papers or Red Seal or equivalents.A minimum of 7 years experience in a similar hotel environment.
- Must be highly resourceful, detail oriented, quality conscious and on the cutting edge of contemporary trends in preparation and presentation.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- A minimum of 4 years previous Sous Chef experience in a similar environment required.
- Kosher experience an asset.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Centrally located in downtown Calgary, Fairmont Palliser is the city's premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Fairmont Palliser is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff.
- In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS