We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : Da Nang City, Vietnam
Level : Supervisor
Posted : 25 May 2022
Job Role : Asst. Restaurant Manager
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ28500
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-07-23
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Pullman Danang Beach Resort
Overview of duties
- To ensure the smooth running of the events, setting proper performance standards for guest services and maximizing departmental profit
- Optimises the Meeting offer by making proposals
- Applies the brand's quality standards (SOP)
- To uphold the established guest service standards for the various types of function which meet the needs of the target market and which are in line with the operating concept of the department.
- To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all time.
- To handle and resolve complaints and guests suggestions by using the proper channel of delegation and report any issue to management accordingly.
- Ensure all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner and that all Resort standards are being applied
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction
Professional techniques / Production
- Coordinates all departments involved in setting up the event, in line with the agreed specifications: Banqueting, Rooms, AV systems, IT System, Decorations and service-providers.
- Professional & Complete Conference & Banqueting Service Skills.
- To ensure that once a booking is confirmed, all details and requirements are noted.
- To liaise or ensure liaison with the Sales to confirm exact guest numbers, required equipment for well-prepared
- To ensure that entertainment are set up as required
- To provide the best service to the guests
- Ensures the budget and quality standards are respected.
- To assist the Event Manager in monitoring Event service and F&B standard.
- To work closely with the Event Manager and to take corrective action when necessary.
- To carry on special projects assigned by the FB Management.
- To keep an updated monthly roster of all staff
- To check departmental employees schedule and suggest necessary changes according to the volume of business.
- To supervise the employees within the department ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained
- To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually and wear the correct employee uniform and name badge at all time.
- Be well versed and knowledgeable of Pullman Resort Da Nang's Fire and Evacuation and typhoon plan & procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure employees are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities
- Is the point of contact for all departments involved in setting up the event.
- Boosts cross-departmental working methods thanks to his/her relational skills, adaptability and professionalism.
- Forms a duo with the Sales, Kitchen and IT Manager.
Commercial / Sales
- Helps increase income from the event by encouraging additional sales/ up selling
- Helps promote the Event offer by providing high quality services and making proactive suggestions.
- Able to make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guest needs, both present and anticipated.
- Assist Event Manager in the daily maintenance of Event services and sales to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest service
Management and administration
- Respects the budget.
- Supervises billing
- Work in conjunction Event Manager to maximize and maintain departmental profits and minimize waste
- Attending various F&B meetings such as F&B department meeting, Outlet meeting etc.
- To plan and implement on the job training for new staffs conjunction with the Event Manager
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare and development.
- To ensure that employees grooming and appearance always be of the highest standard.
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
- Ensures all rooms accessible to customers are clean and tidy.
- Ensures that the workplace remains clean and tidy
- Knows and applies the hotel's safety regulations (in case of fire etc)
- Ensures the safety of people and property
- To assist in identifying any improvements for event operations.
- Be conservative to energy at all times within the resort, turning off lights, A/C, fans
- Conducting day to day work with impeccable grooming, cleanly shaved, and uniform is to the standard
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related Pullman Da Nang Beach Resort Policies.
- Respects the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
Education / Professional experience
- High-school diploma to degree, vocational diploma in sales and marketing, hospitality studies, food & beverage, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in events organisation for trade fairs, seminars or congresses in a variety of contexts, preferably international.
- Competent desktop software user.
- Previous experience in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
- Fluent in English and the national language.
Skills / Qualities
Pullman: a new service attitude centred on proximity, sociability and sharing experience.
Ensure all staff embody the same mindset by developing each individual's sense of curiosity,
open-mindedness, interpersonal skills and sense of initiative."
. Sales acumen / persuasive
- Competent Internet user, interested in new technologies
- Well organised and methodical
- Leadership / good at working in a network
Follow the hotel's rules