Job Description For F&B supervisor- Pools
Fairmont Grand Del Mar
F&B Supervisor- Pools
You are an heartist for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. Your warm, personal attention and knowledge of our outstanding offerings makes guests feel unique and valued.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
The Pool Supervisor will be required to oversee the Pool area as well as the supervision of the pool staff.
- Responsible for managing and supervising pool area
- Responsible for coordinating workings of pool kitchen and bar
- Responsible for staff management and work allocations
- Responsible for orders related to Bar (alcohol) and internal needs (condiments and various products)
- Scheduling of staff in coordination with the manager
- Motivating and training of staff to meet the required standards
- Assisting in pre-shifts
- Planning the shift with the manager and colleagues
- Any other tasks assigned by the manager
- Ensuring the daily tasks, opening and closing checklists are completed by the team.
- Ensuring the hygiene and cleanliness standards are maintained in the bar and around the pools
- Food Handlers card required (during joining)
- Ability to work weekends/holidays/evenings
- Cash handling experience required
- Previous related experience required
- Eligible to serve alcohol
- Ability to communicate in basic English
- Ability to manage others
- 4-year degree preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Strong verbal communication skills required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Your team and working environment
- Position requires walking and giving direction most of the working day; must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to multi-task in a calm manner on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill daily tasks.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
Just east of the Pacific and slightly north of Expectation.
Welcome to Fairmont Grand Del Mar. An elegant tribute to classic Mediterranean estate, seamlessly fusing old-world charm with modern luxury. Here, an award-winning, Renaissance-inspired spa, critically acclaimed dining, exclusive boutique shopping and championship golf course.
Growth and advancement is not only available, it is actively encouraged. We promote a balanced life for our colleagues, continuously seeking new ways to improve our environment and to support our beautiful home of San Diego. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS