Hotels & Resorts
Job Role :
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Facilities Manager
- Immaculate product, effective infrastructure, and active health & safety processes combine to make Fairmont Winnipeg a place of unrivaled presence. As the Facilities Manager, you will lead and empower your team to create and maintain the property and provide the environment that allows the hotel's colleagues to deliver an extraordinary luxury experience to guests and patrons.
What is in it for you:
- Competitive benefits package
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Winnipeg and over 5,000 properties with Accor
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Recommend priorities and general strategies for facilities infrastructure and property asset management, replacement, and renovations; recommend capital expenditures.
- Oversee long-range planning and development of new operating capital and infrastructure improvement programs.
- Lead planning and implementation of the property's environmental stewardship efforts; develop and implement new programs and policies to reduce carbon footprint.
- Administer long-term Preventive Maintenance Program for guest rooms, public areas, heart of house, and safety systems.
- Develop and maintain internal standards for facilities; oversee selection and provision of furnishings, fixtures, and equipment.
- Prepare and control the annual facilities budget, monthly forecasting, month-end reports, and commentary.
- Create and maintain a long-term plan for equipment end of life.
- Coordinate contracts including development of standard contracts, negotiate and administer contracts for services; assess legal implications relating to other work activities.
- Source appropriate suppliers and contractors; prepare and implement bid and purchasing procedures; evaluate Requests for Proposals (RFP) submissions, negotiate and recommend contract approvals.
- Provide managerial direction to departmental teams and activities; provide leadership to a team that operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Direct maintenance staff and contractors in the operation and maintenance of the mechanical and physical plant.
- Maintain budget in support of operational needs; maintain purchase and work-order systems to ensure equipment and supplies are available to team.
- Understand and own all Back of House systems including electrical, power, Internet, and technology.
- Administer work-order program and ensure that requests are handled in a timely and effective manner for both external and internal guests.
- Implement and oversee Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recruit and provide performance appraisals and reviews; develop and coordinate the training and development of Facilities staff members.
- Oversee the scheduling and payroll systems as they relate to hotel maintenance staff members.
- Collaborate with neighbouring buildings' Facility Managers to ensure shared services agreements are delivered upon by all parties.
- Coordinate and manage all outside contractors; including, but not limited to, elevators, refrigeration, telephones, and waste disposal.
- Maintain a Purchase Order system and Request for Proposal system for the department.
- Ensure open communication and mutual support between Maintenance and Front Office, Housekeeping, and Food & Beverage teams; use Voice of the Guest (VOG) to track, develop and address maintenance trends and support operating departments.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Coordinate with regulatory authorities and city regarding issues such as building codes, safety issues, accessibility issues, and others.
- Responsible for departmental health, safety, and WHMIS training programs, and thorough WCB compliance; actively participate in Occupational Health & Safety programs.
- Guide compliance, development, and implementation of life safety systems, procedures, and programs; head of Emergency Preparedness Committee and liaison with city emergency services.
- Manage the reporting required by Accor relative to emissions impact and sustainability efforts.
Your experience and skills include:
- Displays strong organization and project management skill; meet deadlines and handle multiple projects and timetables.
- Collaborates effectively with diverse constituencies.
- Able to analyze highly conceptual issues and problems; provide creative solutions.
- Provide effective communication through written, verbal and non-verbal means.
- Able to deliver effective presentations; able to change delivery to suit needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates proficiency using standard office software applications in addition to facilities management systems.
- Able to lead a team across all disciplines of facilities management including (but not limited to) information technology (IT), telephony, plumbing, electrical, maintenance, painting, and building/construction.
- Able to understand and communicate pertinent building and business regulations.
- Strong analysis skills and comfortable with financial analysis of budget, forecast, and performance.
- Able to ensure all work is consistently done to a first-class, luxury, standard.
- Able to be flexible in schedule; hours of work and days off will vary according to business demands.
- Previous experience managing large facilities required.
- Proven experience managing large capital projects.
- Post-secondary education in Facilities Management and/or Project Management an asset.
- Require a minimum 3rd Class Power Engineer certificate with knowledge of electrical.
Your team and working environment:
- Located in the heart of vibrant downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba - at the historic corner of Portage and Main - Fairmont Winnipeg luxury hotel extends the naturally warm reception of the Prairies. Just step outside our front doors and the city is at your feet.
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Located right in the heart of the city
- 340 guestrooms and suites
- One Lobby Level dining room and lounge
- 21st Floor pool and gym
Visa Requirements: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS #LI-KS1