Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
Job Role :
Assistant Financial Controller
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Finance Executive
The Finance Executive is responsible for providing administrative support to the Finance department, Payroll and General Cashiering.
- Updates daily Accounts Receivables List of Remittance upon receipt of cheques.
- Segregates incoming and outgoing mails and delivery of mails to various Finance sections.
- Co-ordinates and issues hotel gift certificates.
- Responsible for cash collection and checking of daily remittances, in the presence of a witness.
- Ensures sufficient change and refill for cash machine.
- Updates foreign exchange rate as per hotel policy and policies.
- Ensures daily bank deposits.
- Prepares daily cash receipt report and journals.
- Balances cash machine fund daily and ensures all funds are returned to the cash machine at end of day.
- Co-ordinates and issues cashiers' float.
- Provides training to new cashiers.
- Maintains over and short records for each cashier and shows evidence of review by Director of Finance and Business Support.
Monthly Payroll Processing
- Computes and finalises payroll with necessary reports printed for proper approvals to be submitted to bank for processing.
- Ensures high level of confidentiality when dealing with all matters related to payroll.
- Collects and verifies basic payroll information from original sources such as appointment letters, E-Overtime / E-Timesheet reports and payroll allowances and deductions form.
- Processes petty cash reimbursement and expenses report relating to colleagues' benefits.
- Makes necessary deductions from colleagues' salary before payday.
- Takes note of resignees and ensures proper process to avoid overpayment in last salary payout.
- Checks and calculates all colleagues' benefits and ensure proper backups are submitted.
- Works closely with Talent and Culture team on matters concerning colleagues' salary, leave, allowances and deductions.
- Responsible for accurate and timely Central Provident Fund submission.
- Checks, verifies and processes casual labour payments in E-casual labour.
- Submits all claims for government paid leaves and reservist make-up pay and maximise any credits available to reduce overall payroll cost.
- Files IR21 for all resigned foreign colleagues for tax clearing purpose.
- Reconciles vacation, bonuses accrual on a monthly basis.
- Prepares monthly Jounrals, Balance sheets and any other reports relating to Payroll.
- Ensures that all hotel systems and internal controls related to payroll section are adhered to.
- Works on any payroll related projects and ensures successful implementations.
Focuses on Colleagues/Management Experience
- Attends to colleagues queries promptly.
- Consistently offers professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Co-ordinates with various departments to ensure proper documents submission.
- Use a Heartist approach - makes the guests and colleagues Feel Welcome, Feel Heart-warmed, Feel Incredible, and Belong.
Works as Part of the Finance Team
- Ensures to produce quality work at all time.
- Adheres to all timeline set.
- Builds strong relationship with team member.
- Builds a cohesive working environment and achieves together the financial goal set.
- Be knowledgeable and plays an active role in maintaining strict adherence to PCI-DSS compliances.
Involvement in Wider Job Function Relationships
- Maintains collaborative working relationship with all colleagues.
- Participates in training activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Follows guidelines provided in colleagues' handbook.
- Understands emergency procedures, health and safety requirements.
- Ensures service standards and individual performance is aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Contributes to the hotel's Corporate Social Responsibility efforts by supporting the Planet 21 program.
Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma holder or equivalent in hospitality or related field.
- Previous office administration or Payroll knowledge required.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in similar capacity.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees.
- Communication skills in English spoken / written.
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Personal presentation, clean / tidy.
- Good presentation and influencing skills.
- Multicultural awareness and able to work with people from diverse cultures.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Ability to work independently and has good initiative under dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Sense of urgency.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues' Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit - Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children's Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.