Hotels & Resorts
Finance and Accounts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Finance Officer
NSW Regional Office
Accor is a world leader in the hotel industry, present in 110 countries, with more than 5,000 hotels and 10,000 restaurants and bars. The group deploys an integrated hotel ecosystem that is among the most diversified in the sector, notably associating luxury and high-end brands, mid-range and economic offers, exclusive lifestyle concepts, venues for shows and entertainment, clubs, restaurants and bars, private residences, shared accommodation, concierge services and co-working spaces. Accor thus has a portfolio of incomparable brands, led by more than 300,000 employees around the world. More than 65 million members benefit from the group's complete loyalty program, ALL - Accor Live Limitless.
Accor Apartments & Leases is currently seeking a Finance Officer on a Full time hourly basis to join our NSW/ACT Regional Finance Team.
This role will be based at Mantra Chatswood and reports to the Area Financial Controller- NSW.
Getting to know your responsibilities
- Process all Credit Applications, ensuring that the clients are notified promptly and professionally.
- In the AR module, set up AR accounts for newly approved credits and ensure creditors' details are correct at all times.
- Accountable for the accurate processing of all AR accounts.
- Ensure that all Trade Debtors' invoices are accurate; all services invoiced supported by a valid guarantee of payment and the room rates correct.
- Responsible for the timely transfer of the invoices to the city ledger and prompt mailing (or emailing) of the invoices to the debtors.
- Answer debtors' inquiries promptly and effectively.
- Process all cheques and payments received accurately and on a daily basis.
- Complete a daily summary of all adjustments related to the City Ledger; ensure that it is distributed as necessary and reconciled with a PMS generated report at end of shift.
- Ensure that all debtors trading beyond their normal terms are followed up regularly and that the Financial Controller/AFC is notified of any accounts that are continually in this situation.
- Check all travel agent commission payments on a weekly basis
- Ensure that all credit card transactions are verified for completeness
- Calculate and accurately post commissions.
- Promptly liaise with Front office and bank for any credit card disputes.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is provided by Front office to justify credit card refunds with signature of the management.
- Accurately process all Monthly Statements, ensuring that they are mailed promptly.
- Ensure that all Month End reports are printed and forwarded to the Financial Controller to prepare the balance sheet reconciliation.
- Perform 'month end close' of the debtors system (in the rare cases where the AR Ledger is not interfaced to the Accounting system).
- Carry out any other Finance and other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Respond to change in the Departmental Function as dictated by the Hotel.
What we need from you
- Experience working in an accounts role in the hotel or hospitality industry
- A recognised university degree in accountancy
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively with head of departments via the phone and email as well as in person
- Present as self-assured and confident
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well with others in a large team
- Highly motivated individual
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The ability to think independently with strong critical decision making abilities
What you'll get from us
In return for your energy, hard work and sense of fun, we offer you...
- Discounted rates at all of our hotels, resorts and apartments worldwide
- Fantastic discounts with JB HIFI, BUPA, Virgin Australia, Snap Fitness and many more!
- Structured, ongoing, goal driven learning and training for your personal development
- We're one of the largest accommodation providers in Australia and we're still growing!
- Gain amazing exposure, working for a growing, ASX listed Company - a leader in the industry
Career progression and diversification will be a dream with the hundreds of properties in our portfolio
Apply now to begin your journey!
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn more about Accor - Follow ALL-Accor Live Limitless @all.pacific
Work your way across the Pacific and find other opportunities - www.jobsataccor.com.au
To see what our team are up to connect with us at @KeepUpWithAccor on Instagram, Accor Careers Pacific on Facebook and LinkedIn .