Hotels & Resorts
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For First Cook (Part Time)
Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
First Cook (Part Time)
Do you have an appetite for career progression and ready to take your culinary skills to a world-class platform? Take your career to a whole new level with us and join our kitchen team.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
Your experience and skills include:
- Review the daily production sheets with the Chef de Partie/Sous Chef and prepare the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion to ensure that there is no interruption to guest service.
- Adhere to standardized recipes and specifications in order to maintain consistency and ensure all standards are met
- Keeps work station clean and organized including fridge's/freezers, countertops and stove tops
- Ensures that station opening and closing procedures are carried out to standard
- Keeps overproduction and food waste to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, and storing of food in order to reduce food cost expense.
- Will operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times
- Ensures that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with hotel and government Food Safety guidelines. Ensures that all ECOSURE standards + processes are completed on a daily basis in his or her kitchen department , this includes but isn't limited to filling out daily temperature logs , labelling and dating of items , as well ensuring food storage areas are cleaned daily and standard hierarchy is followed
- Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to Chef de Partie/ Sous Chef in a timely manner
- Complete other job related duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Assumes responsibility for the basic operations of his/her station for short periods when required in the absence of the Chef de Partie
- Minimum 3 years cooking experience in at least two different kitchen sections i.e. garde manger, banquets, a la carte, breakfast etc.
- Experience in a luxury hotel with comparable service and standards an asset
- Red Seal Certificate (Journeyman's papers) or Recognized International Equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Aspires to become a Sous Chef with Fairmont Hotels and resorts
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining work authorization documents.
In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Physical Aspects of Position include but are not limited to the following:
Your team and working environment:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Edmonton's "Chateau on the River" For more than 100 years, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has effortlessly delivered timeless luxury in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Nestled upon the North Saskachewan River Valley, the hotel's charm and ever-evolving elegance has earned it the spotlight as one of the city's most sought after locations. A storied past, an unparalleled present, and a future to be reckoned with, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has set the stage for luxury in the heart of the city. Edmonton's only four-diamond "Chateau on the River" offers unparalleled views of North America's largest expance of urban parkland. Boasting dignified style and timeless grace, each of our 198 classically desgined guestrooms, including specialty suites, are tastefully adorned with the finest amenities. In 2016, we forever changed the game inluxury was we unveiled a completely re-designed Fairmont Gold and Lounge. Delivering personalized and discreet service, this hotel within a hotel offers an unrivaled experience unlike any other the city has seen, and likely ever will. From seasonally inspired menus to dining experiences that will satisfy any craving, see what our chefs are preparing in our confederation lounge and our award winning restaurant, The Harvest Room.
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS