Hotels & Resorts
Animation and Recreation
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Fitness Attendant - Raffles Doha
FAIRMONT FAIRMONT HOTEL & RESIDENCES DOHA
Scope and Objectives
The Fitness Attendant ensures the guest experience is up to the established standards of the brand, while making a genuine effort to accommodate guest request and go above and beyond guest expectations. Their tasks include assisting guests within the fitness and recreation area, giving them personal attention, anticipating their needs and helping as required.
Education and Experience
- Experience in fitness, recreation facilities with good membership base, along with basic knowledge of fitness equipment and services will be an asset
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in fitness or hospitality industry
- CPR - Basic Rescuer
Administrative and Financial Responsibilities
- Adhere to the Fitness Policy & Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Act as an Ambassador for the fitness and recreation representing the brand values maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Knowledgeable about all aspects of the fitness and spa facility.
- Report to work on time and handover with the previous shift.
- Always maintain a courteous, friendly and professional demeanour with guests / members.
- Assist in the operations of the reception, fitness areas and whenever possible for guests and colleagues.
- Confirm with guests on scheduled appointments at check-in, pre-assign lockers accordingly and maintain guest history files.
- Maintain the confidentiality policy for all spa guests and employees.
- All duties are to be carried out in a gracious and professional manner.
Guest Quality and Operational Excellence
- Maintain a daily activity log.
- Log and communication of any broken equipment to engineering or spa reception.
- Log any guest incidents if applicable.
- Assist with linen Inventory.
Talent and Culture / Team Communications
- Greet all arriving and departing guests by name, inquire about their level of satisfaction of the services, and maintain positive relations at all times.
- Recognise arrivals of all VIP guests arriving in both the spa and hotel.
- Ensure the facility is in peak condition and clean at all times.
- Ensure guest preferences and special requests are accommodated to the best of the property's abilities.
- Ensure the spa is receiving the highest ratings from guest experience survey.
- Maintain guest confidentiality at all times.
- Communicate guest preferences to relevant departments and co-workers.
- Deal with any guest complaints, comments or concerns with discretion and urgency.
- Maintain the provision of amenities and towels, this includes stocking fresh ones and collecting used ones and delivering them to the needful delivery points.
- Ensure facility lighting and music levels are correctly set and maintained.
- Knowledgeable of equipment and controls.
- Maintain the appearance of all facilities including fitness studios, locker and pool areas, all guest access areas, and any supporting facilities.
- Remove any dishes left by the guests and clean them.
- Retrieve and deliver linen daily to the main laundry and count to ensure no linen is missing.
- Roll and stock towels in guest areas as per the standard.
- Ensure all areas are stocked to standard with appropriate supplies.
- Clean and disinfect all guest contact equipment and facilities, this role may also cover supporting the therapy area and in some cases ask to support the pool areas when operations are busy.
Health, Hygiene and Safety
- Participate in daily / monthly communication meetings.
- Support the rest of your colleagues when requested.
- Understand and adhere to the Accor Code of Ethics.
- Attend product knowledge or education classes related to this position.
- Maintain a positive relationship internally and with external departments in the hotel.
- Take part in the Annual Training Plan's, staff training and support when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and practices of the property.
- Ensure guest satisfaction at all times by assuring safety and service is always the first priority.
- Report to engineering any equipment which may require repair.
- Report any potential hazards or emergencies so they can be rectified immediately.
- Assist in the development and compliance of all departmental emergency procedures.
- Ensure all potential and actual hazards are reported as well as rectified immediately.
- Assure safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying hotel regulations and strictly following existing laws.
- Handle emergency situations with urgency and discretion.
- Maintain peak conditioning of the facility at all times through cleanliness and hygiene.