Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Food and Beverage Manager
Food & Beverage Manager
Fairmont El San Juan Hotel Food and Beverage Manager directs and organizes food and beverage operations to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service. This role provides shift coverage to various areas including: Beach and Pool, Restaurants, In-Room Dining, Bars, and event activations.
What is in it for you:
What you will be doing:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Provides shift coverage during work shift, overseeing one or more areas at the same time; including: Beach and Pool, Restaurants, In-Room Dining, Bars, and event activations.
- Present an enchanting, professional and attractive image to further the overall theme of the property.
- Greet all Guests promptly and with a friendly and upbeat attitude.
- Follows company standards of hospitality by making eye contact with every guest, smiling and offering a warm and friendly greeting.
- Be a brand advocate by providing Guests with accurate information regarding our venues, menus, pricing and future events.
- Respond to Guest inquiries and requests in a courteous and polite manner.
- Anticipate Guest needs and get to know all members by name.
- Assists in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating staff members Ensure that all guest and member preferences are documented in Open Table.
- Ensure perfect detail alignment setting of all cocktail tables, chairs and bar stools.
- Continually strive to develop the staff including Assistant Outlet Managers in all areas of managerial and professional development.
- Assists with the recruitment and training of staff (training, developing, testing and coaching)
- Assist in creating sales goals.
- Build and promote teamwork through proactive interaction
- Utilize time management and exhibit excellent follow up skills
- Accommodate and anticipate guest needs.
- Control cash and other receipts
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean and in excellent condition through personal inspection and by following the hotel's preventative maintenance programs
- Assist in conduct conflict resolution and corrective actions and coaching of staff.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, and county municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements.
- Support sponsorship and partners in promotions of special events and product marketing.
- Manages and monitors product quality and guest satisfaction in restaurant.
- Responsible for ensuring that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Moves throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take corrective action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
- Verifies temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products, and checks preparation methods to determine quality.
- Provides guidance for improvement and implements necessary adjustments. Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Investigates and resolves guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Documents inventory forecast usage and monitors supply so that outlets are stocked with linen, glassware, silverware, china, condiments and other items necessary to provide appropriate customer service. Oversees set up of dining and service areas.
- Is available in both morning, evening, and late night to work various shifts based on business needs.
- Is available with schedule to work hours required based on business levels daily/ weekly. This includes changes to schedule working morning, evening, overnight shifts.
- Other duties as assigned by the hotel.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Strong understanding / experience of Hotel Operations in a multi-cultural environment.
- High level of drive for results; adaptable and flexible with the ability to build relationships.
- Strong planning and organizing skills with great attention to details.
- Excellent guest relations, problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Four-year college degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management required
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- At least five years' experience in related field preferred. Hotel restaurant management experience preferred.
- Experience with supervision of employees required .
- Hospitality experience preferred
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
To join our Group, please visit https://careers.accor.com/