Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Food and Beverage Service Associate, The Grand Lobby
The Food and Beverage Service Associate is responsible for delivering friendly and efficient Food and Beverage service according to hotel Standard Operating Procedures in order to meet guest dining experience expectations.
Food and Beverage Service
- Provides excellent service at all times to guests based on established hotel standard operating procedures.
- Greets and farewells guests and colleagues in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Assists colleagues and guests efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Takes responsibility for residents' and guest belongings in the restaurant or bars.
- Has extensive knowledge of our food & beverage menus in order to service our product, including liquors and cocktails.
- Offers menu options and advice and takes orders.
- Offers drinks, pre, during and after meal service.
- Remembers guest's preferences to extends personalised service.
- Takes guest's Food & Beverage orders accurately and assures correct input in Point of Sales system.
- Double checks order list before "sending" ticket to the kitchen.
- Anticipates guest's needs.
- Verifies guest satisfaction with each table during each course served.
- Uses the guest name appropriately and communicates it to restaurant colleagues and managers.
- Serves food in a timely and efficient manner.
- Arranges and maintains all assigned side stations and continually stocks each station before and after every shift.
- Makes sure all silver and glassware is polished, wiped and spotless.
- Keeps all side stations clean at all the times.
- Keeps chairs and banquettes clean and clear of debris.
- Marks tables appropriately to food & beverage order for each course to ensure proper delivery.
- Makes sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill before presenting it.
- Up keeps and clears tables between courses throughout the dining experience.
- Picks up check before guest leaves and give guests a warm farewell while thanking them for their visit.
- At the end of the shift, delivers all checks and reports to the appropriate place according to established standards.
- Adjusts service to suit guests' requests and personalises any interaction with the guest.
- Uses a Heartist approach - makes guests Feel Welcome, Feel Heart-warmed, Feel Incredible, and Belong.
- Actively engages in upselling and adds value.
- Relays any guest complaints to manager.
- Ensures efficiency of work in dish wash, pantry, and service preparations.
- Ensures cleanliness and work safety in food preparation and service areas.
- Carries out adhoc duties as assigned including, but not limited to sending operating equipment for cleaning or burnishing on weekly basis, sending soil linen for exchange for clean ones and collecting Food & Beverage requisition on daily basis.
- Ensures service standards and individual performances is aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Contributes to the hotel's Corporate Social Responsibility efforts by supports the Planet 21 program.
Learning and Development
- Participates in training activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Attends daily briefing and monthly meeting conduct by the manager.
Knowledge and Experience
- Certificate or diploma in hospitality or related field or minimum of 6-12 months hands on experience in food service position, similar operations style.
- Retail or guest interaction experience.
- Food and/or beverage knowledge (personal interest/professional).
- Interpersonal skills - communicates easily/openly with integrity towards own action.
- Communication skills in English spoken/written.
- Reliable and consistent.
- Personal presentation, clean/tidy.
- Comes across as enthusiastic, energetic.
- Can work as part of a team.
- Guest and people oriented.
- Creative and open-minded.
- Flexible and adaptable to different working locations.
Reminiscent of extravagant parties that were once held in The Grand Lobby, the Raffles Afternoon Tea is perfect for chic celebrations or a light repast with friends. Indulge in a luxurious experience in the restored Grand Lobby of the iconic Raffles Singapore. The grandeur of floor-to-ceiling Victorian pillars, bathed in soft daylight streaming through the skylight.
Benefits of Joining Raffles Hotel Singapore
- 5-day Work Week.
- Duty Meals are provided.
- Colleagues' Discount and/or Preferential Room Rates at worldwide Accor Hotels.
- Flexible Benefit - Dental/Optical/Vacation Expenses/Children's Education.
- Medical and Wellness Benefit.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage.
- Local/Overseas Career Development & Growth Opportunities.
- Holistic Learning and Development Opportunities.