Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Food and Beverage Service Executive, OSTERIA BBR by Alain Ducasse
The Food and Beverage Service Executive supervises the team by proactive, interactive and reactive leadership, allowing each member of the team to feel confident and to completely satisfy our guests during their dining experience. He/she assists the management in supervising the overall operation and service standards of the restaurant to meet and exceed guest's dining experience expectations.
Oversees Daily Operations and Achieving Targets
- Oversees the set-up and operation of a station/section in a restaurant.
- Supervises and participates in running an efficient and profitable operation in the assigned areas.
- Assists the Outlet Manager/Assistant Outlet Manager in enabling employees achieve highest service and product delivery standards with a highest degree of client care and service at all times.
- Provides services for guests such as order taking and promoting the restaurant food and beverage offerings.
- Provides excellent service at all times to all of our guests based on established hotel standard operating procedures.
- Assists colleagues and guests efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Has extensive knowledge of our food & beverage menus in order to service our product, including liquors and cocktails.
- Offers menu options, advice and takes orders.
- Offers drinks, pre, during and after meal service.
- Remembers guest's preferences to extends personalised service.
- Takes guest's Food & Beverage orders accurately and assures correct input in Point of Sales system.
- Verifies guest satisfaction with each table during each course served.
- Uses the guest name appropriately and communicates it to restaurant colleagues and managers.
- Serves food in in a timely and efficient manner.
- Arranges all tables following established standards.
- Arranges and maintains all assigned side stations and continually stocks each station before and after every shift.
- Makes sure all silver and glassware is polished, wiped and spotless.
- Keeps all side stations clean at all the times.
- Keep chairs and banquettes clean and clear of debris.
- Marks tables appropriately to food & beverage order for each course to ensure proper delivery.
- Makes sure that all product served are accounted for on the final bill before presenting it.
- Up keeps and clears tables between courses throughout the dining experience.
- Picks up check before guest leaves and wishes guests a warm farewell while thanking them for their visit.
- At the end of the shift, delivers all checks and reports to the appropriate place according to established standards.
- Follows through opening and closing duties.
- Adjusts service to suit guests' requests and personalises any interaction with the guest.
- Uses a Heartist approach - makes guests Feel Welcome, Feel Heart-warmed, Feel Incredible, and Belong.
- Ensures service standards and individual performances are aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Contributes to the hotel's Corporate Social Responsibility efforts by supports the Planet 21 program.
- Ensures NEA rules and regulations are met and achieve.
- Actively engages in upselling and adds value.
- Relays any guest complaints to manager.
- Ensures efficiency of work in dish wash, pantry, and service preparations.
- Ensures cleanliness and work safety in food preparation and service areas.
- Carries out adhoc duties as assigned including, but not limited to sending operating equipment for cleaning or burnishing on weekly basis, sending soil linen for exchange for clean ones and collecting Food & Beverage requisition on daily basis.
Providing a Leading and Consistent Guest Experience
- Promotes sales through direct guests' contact.
- Constantly obtains guest feedback during operation ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Handles minor complaints and reports to the managers for proper follow up.
- Builds strong relationships with local guests and builds loyal following as foundation for a successful operation.
- Maintains levels of confidentiality and discretion of the guest, colleagues, operator at all times.
Management and Leadership of Outlet
- Acts as a mentor and role model to the Food & Beverage Associates.
- Proactive, innovative with in depth Food & Beverage and market knowledge.
- Observes colleague's individual performances, grooming, and punctuality and communicates with the managers accordingly.
- Provides a high level of Safety and Security for guests and colleagues.
- Checks daily opening and closing duties.
Training, Learning and Development of the Team
- Conducts regular on the job trainings for colleagues to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Assists in records and submits monthly On-the-Job Training hours to Food & Beverage Office before the 15th of each month.
- Guides the departmental orientation for new hires.
- Ensures that colleagues are aware of hotel rules and regulations.
- Ensures that colleagues are trained on fire and safety, emergency procedures and hygiene.
Knowledge and Experience
- Certificate or diploma in hospitality or related field.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in an international class restaurant.
- At least 1 year relevant experience in a similar capacity an advantage.
- Additional improvement programs in Food & Beverage an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Interpersonal skills - communicates easily/openly with integrity towards own action.
- Communication skills in English spoken/written.
- Reliable and consistent.
- Personal presentation, clean/tidy.
- Comes across as enthusiastic, energetic.
- Able to work as a team.
- Motivator, self-starter.
- Displays initiative and creativity.
- Open minded.
- Team leader.
- Guest oriented.
At OSTERIA BBR by Alain Ducasse, a sense of quintessential Italy is presented in an ambience that is fun and relaxed, using an authentic culinary approach, prepared with locally and regionally sourced produce and heightened with unsurpassed native ingredients of Italy. Offering a myriad of different dining and bar experiences every day, this concept reflects Alain Ducasse's experiences and stories. It is modern, energetic, vibrant and accessible - a gathering place to meet, exchange and discover. OSTERIA BBR by Alain Ducasse is Singapore's latest social space, thrilling the senses of local residents to celebrate and enjoy at while offering an inspirational spot for global travelers.