Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Wellington, New Zealand
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Food & Beverage Assistant Manager - Sofitel Wellington
Food & Beverage Assistant Manager
Are you a passionate foodie who is not afraid of thinking outside the box?
Then, we have the job for you! As a Food & Beverage Assistant Manager, you will strategically assist in leading the team to take guest satisfaction to the next level.
Sofitel Wellington is ideally positioned in the central business and government hub. Situated on the CBD doorstep and within easy walking distance of many of the city's major attractions. On one side a multitude of restaurants and cafes beckons, while on the other, views of lush hillsides and the Botanical Gardens abounds.
All 129 Guest Rooms are beautifully appointed in vintage gold and bronze tones and feature an anthology of textures, while indulgent rain showers await in each bathroom. The 100-seater restaurant (inclusive of outside patio) has a sophisticated interior, infused with botanical themes and enhanced by a dominant Copper kitchen which creates a rich, bold design statement yet is intimate in ambience.
Main Purpose of the Job
Be accountable on a shift basis for the operations of the outlet through effective people management. Support revenue initiatives and maintain cost controls whilst providing total customer satisfaction with all customer contact. This role is 'hands on', working as part of a team to provide efficient 5 star service.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- What you will be doing:
- Lead, mentor and train the Food & Beverage Operations team
- Ensure Food & Beverage relevant brand standards are maintained
- Strategize on new products and service offerings
- Create unforgettable experiences for our guests
- Provide supervision, support and ongoing training to employees to ensure standards and procedures are observed to provide a consistent, high level of service for all customer contact.
- Demonstrate 'ownership' of the outlet through commitment to the following areas of responsibility.
- Supervision of the bar, restaurant, café, function and conference areas and activities.
- Allocate and monitor duties and productivity of the team.
- Motivate and support them, lead by example, help them to reach targets in place.
- Assist in the supervision of security arrangements and property maintenance in line with Hotel policy.
- Provide food and beverage service to customers, maximising every opportunity to increase sales per person.
- Induct new staff into the team, department and Hotel in the first week of their employment. Ensure yourself and staff under your control carry out their duties in accordance with the Hotel and Department Policies & Procedures.
- Be pro-active in assessing on the job training/re-training requirements and deliver to employees to meet specified performance standards.
- Liaise with kitchen staff in relation to 'product' for the outlet, ensuring that quality and quantities are maintained to required standards.
- Observing liquor and other laws and regulations.
- Maintain standards of hygiene for food handling and presentation as prescribed by council / legislative regulations, in accordance with the hotel's Food Safety Plan.
- Liaise with Conferencing and Reservations for specialised catering as required.
- Liaise with Restaurant Reservations as to upcoming bookings / time frames and maximum number of people at one period.
- Input into development of the outlet.
- Create rosters and process timesheets to meet deadlines, ensuring accuracy
- Carry out monthly beverage stock take for the department and notify senior management of any discrepancies.
- Provide for guests and patrons an experience and environment they feel meets their expectations.
- Familiarise yourself with VIP and regular guests to ensure their requests and needs are met.
- Assessing and reviewing guest satisfaction through Voice of the Guest (VOG).
- Practice the Sofitel Values and the French way of living in daily operations.
- Refer to the Sofitel Standards and ensure compliance in every way.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Your experience and skills include:
- Service focused personality is essential and previous leadership experience required
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders
- Communicate thoughts, actions and opportunities clearly with strong networking skills
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
- Experience in A la Carte Service
- Previous Food and Beverage experience at supervisory level is essential
- Leadership capability. Lead innovation and creative ideas within your team and the restaurant.
- Ability to demonstrate great organisational and supervisory skills
- Passion for food, wine and cocktails
- NZ citizen, permanent resident or hold a current and valid work visa/permit.
- Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on a rotating roster
- Organisation Skills
- Time Management
- Leadership Skills
- LCQ is an advantage
- 1 year experience working in a food and beverage operations in a supervisory level
- Previous 5 star luxury hotel and conference experience
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS