Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Queenstown, New Zealand
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Food & Beverage Attendant
$25.00 - $29.99
Multiple positions available.
Permanent 30 hours guaranteed.
Rotating roster with weekend and public holiday work
Take the next step in your hospitality career by joining our incredible Food and Beverage team at our Award Winning 5 star property in the heart of beautiful Queenstown:
- Provide friendly and efficient five star food and beverage services to our guests across our two beautiful F&B outlets within the property;
- Engage with all our guests in a personable and friendly manner, building rapport and creating connection;
- Become a part of our sociable and diverse team of ambassadors;
- Maximise sales opportunities through a thorough knowledge of our menus and offerings.
What's in it for you:
- A professional and friendly can-do attitude, with fantastic interpersonal skills to easily build connection with both guests and colleagues;
- Minimum 6 months previous experience in a similar role, with an understanding of the needs and expectations of our luxury guests;
- Reliable and punctual with a high attention to detail and willingness to go the extra mile;
- Flexibility to work varying shifts including weekends and public holidays.
- Benefits including free daily staff meals, dry-cleaned uniform and laundry allowance;
- Free ski hire;
- Your Accor card entitling you to discounted Hotel stays, food and beverage rates and Spa treatments;
- Opportunity to earn $600 through our referral scheme;
- Fun & supportive international team environment;
- Ongoing reward and recognition incentives and awards, further development and worldwide career progression within Accor.
Perform the tasks of order taking and maximize sales opportunities through knowledge of product and suggestive selling. Ensure accuracy by repeating order(s) to the guests.
Ensure that dockets are written clearly and correctly so the cashier and kitchen can fulfill their duties effectively.
Deliver orders promptly to the kitchen production area.
Check ordered meals on collection from kitchen and deliver to guests promptly to maintain temperature and appearance, ensure items are announced.
Keep tables and service areas clean and tidy as per procedure manual.
Maintain hygienic food service techniques during service.
Take responsibility for your designated section and station.
Promptly answer the telephone and maximize sales opportunities through knowledge of product and suggestive selling.
Perform all tasks to Sofitel Brand standards.
Report any workplace hazards to your Health and Safety Committee representative and take a consultative role to assist in achieving a healthy and safe working environment.
Use safe manual handling techniques at all times.
Ensure all operating equipment is in good working order, reporting any unsafe work conditions, faults and repairs or cleaning needs to appropriate department.
Be fully conversant with the Hotel's fire and emergency evacuation procedures.