Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Director
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Food & Beverage Director
Director, Food & Beverage (Permanent Full Time)
The Fairmont El San Juan is seeking a strategic business leader to join their iconic hotel. The Director of Food & Beverage will lead and inspire a team of 25 leaders and 165 colleagues across ten unique venues and 30,000 sq. ft. of event space.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the position will direct the overall food and beverage strategy and work collaboratively to service over 500,000 guests annually and generate revenues upwards of 25 million dollars. Restaurants and bars with direct oversight include; Cana, Banyan Tree, Chico, Wine Bar, Chandelier Bar, El San Juan Beach Club and Pools, In-Room Dining, and Cabanas. The Director also ensures lease guidelines for third-party vendor restaurants and bars; Meat Market, Riva, Brava, and Il Sol Pizzeria.
Resort entertainment, activations and nightlife are an integral part of Fairmont El San Juan's market position. The Director of Food and Beverage has strategic and operational oversight of this programming, working with their team to program twelve months of activations; ensuring the restaurants and bars remain positioned as the top destinations on the island of Puerto Rico for entertainment. Regularly research all competitive industry concepts, day and night activations to maintain an advantage over the competitive set hotels and restaurants. In addition, provide feedback on the quality of entertainment and music provided in the venues to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
Ensure marketing materials, planning, organization, flyers and creative are in place for all digital and social channels. In addition, ensure these sites that market the venues are updated, regularly auditing these sites to ensure accuracy of all data.
Located minutes from Old San Juan, on the award-winning Isla Verde Beach in Puerto Rico. The resort features four pools, villa rooms, live entertainment, a Well & Being Spa and Fitness Center, paddleboards, luxury cabanas, signature dining at Caña by Juliana Gonzalez, El San Juan Beach Club, Meat Market, Riva and Chandelier Bar featuring a 7,000 Crystal Chandelier.
What is in it for you?
What you will be doing:
- Employee Travel Program offering discounted rates in Accor Hotels worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Your experience and skills include:
- Oversee the Food and Beverage operation to ensure financial targets and superior food service standards are met or exceeded while taking proactive measures to maximize performance
- Directs the preparation of the annual F&B budget, monthly forecast, and capital plan
- Oversee the development and implementation of innovative promotional and sales events by seeking out creative ways to improve service and increase business volumes, while maintaining individual venue direction and authenticity
- Be intimately aware of and ensure that Fairmont El San Juan Food and Beverage department is compliant with all licensing and regulatory requirements
- Constantly seeking out creative ways to improve services that support overall hotel and F&B revenues and profitability
- Oversees the development of menus, service delivery and standards for all food and beverage operations
- Responsible for staff manpower planning, hiring and training; including seasonal onboarding and succession planning
- Is a dynamic member of the hotel's Executive Committee and ensures strong departmental representation on other hotel committees and activities
- Ensures a clean and SAFE working environment, with continual emphasis on promoting employee health and safety
- Develops and maintains close and effective working relationship with all supporting departments and suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the P&L and Budget of the F&B Division.
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests.
Your team and working environment:
- Experience in Food & Beverage as Director in a full service four (4) or five (5) diamond property
- Nightlife, entertainment experience is strongly preferred
- Strong culinary and wine knowledge
- Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or related discipline a strong asset
- Ability to analyze data and trends and create strategies for improvement, while being innovative, creative and willing to take risks
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible, work well under pressure and be accountable to make sound thoughtful business decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Creative and effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management principles, administrative skills, ambition, drive, energy, and determination
- Proven track record of strong financial and cost control knowledge
- Must be computer literate. Knowledge of Fairmont Hotels Sales and Catering System, Property Manager, Birchstreet, Watson, - all regarded as helpful assets
- Ability to read, write and speak in Spanish and English to fully comprehend guest requests
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury beach resort
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued . We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences. To connect with us, please visit https://www.accorhotels.jobs/home.aspx