Hotels & Resorts
Food and Beverage Service
Dubai/United Arab Emirates UAE
Job Role :
Food & Beverage Director
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 8,000 to 12,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Food & Beverage Director
Sofitel Dubai The Obelisk
This position's primary responsibility is to provide leadership and management for the Food & Beverage Division and be accountable for operations assets, its personnel's actions, personal property, the use and end result. This position is also responsible for establishing business plans which results in the long term continued growth, profitability of the division and guest loyalty.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and promote Sofitel service culture and operating standards.
- Direct all operational activities towards supporting the Hotel's goals - Gross Operating Profit, Guest Satisfaction, Brand Consistency and Employee Engagement.
- Set periodical business plan, budget, and forecast and performance reports.
- Coordinate the development, interpretation and implementation of Sofitel / hotel's policies, operating procedures and training programs, manuals, directives, menus, work schedules, rules and regulations for the food and beverage staff.
- Analyze daily reports to check irregularities.
- Implement Sofitel service culture and operating standards.
- Conduct random checks to ensure that all standards are being followed consistently in the F&B Division.
- Maintain up-to-date records on food and beverage employees' attendance, appearance, work and vacation schedules, labor costs, payroll, absenteeism, turnover and disciplinary action.
- Approve the employment and termination of food and beverage staff and employees and is responsible for on-the-job training on a regular basis.
- Ensure the implementation of HACCP policies and procedures throughout the F&B Division.
- Work closely with local, state and governmental organizations in maintaining the highest standards of hygiene, sanitation and cleanliness in food and beverage areas.
- Handle all guest complaints in the food and beverage division
- Monitor all F&B prices, establish benchmarks, analyze sales mix, and ensure optimal pricing strategy to drive profitability
- Coordinate the selection, purchasing, storage, inventorying, maintenance and usage of all related food and beverage supplies and equipment.
- Develop new and special promotions that will improve guest satisfaction under the guidelines of the Sofitel standards operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective communications between all operating departments.
- Conduct daily F&B Meeting to discuss VIP guests in house & arrival, F&B revenue updates, operational challenges and ways to improve.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all divisions to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
- Ensure that all F&B outlets update Guest Preference database on a regular basis
- Coordinate promotional plan with Public Relation as well as menu cycles with the Executive Chef
- Develop high performing F&B management team to take on the next role. Growing Managers within Sofitel
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Solid business / financial acumen with good understanding of luxury hotel operations
- Act as a role model in delivering elegant and understated service with sophistication
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to build strong employee engagement
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Candidate should be up-to-date when it comes to F&B trends, and knowledgeable of the successful concepts
- The candidate should be aware of the digital platform and make good use of them as to enhance the exposure of the F&B offer
- Good communicator with fluency in English. Ability to communicate in a local language where the hotel operates (e.g. French, Mandarin, Arabic, etc) is desirable
- Proven organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Good understanding of budgeting, forecasting, expenses and payroll control
- Executive presence - self-assured exuding quiet confidence and humility
- Degree from a reputable hotel school preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in managing F&B operations in a luxury hotel gained from working in key cities / resorts destinations globally.