We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams. We’re so much more than hotels—we’re creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups.
Industry : Hotels & Resorts
Department : Food and Beverage Service
Location : Lao Cai/Vietnam
Level : Management
Posted : 07 Feb 2022
Job Role : Food & Beverage Manager
Recruiter : Accor Hotels
Job Ref : HOZ3323
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type : Permanent
Validate Through : 2022-03-07
Salary Range (monthly): USD 2,000 to 8,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Hotel de la Coupole
To function as the Business Manager for the Food and Beverage Department and as a Marketing Specialist to ensure the various outlets and banquets operate successfully and are individually profitable in accordance with the standards of the hotel.
- To ensure that each outlet is accounted for separately as an individual profit center.
- To ensure that each outlet is managed by a Manager/ Management Team who are totally accountable for their profitability.
- To set, in close conjunction with each Outlet Manager, Annual operating budgets which will form part of the business plan.
- To monitor all costs and recommend/institute measures to control them.
- To set and control with the General Manager, any incentive scheme for the Outlet Manager or other Food and Beverage section heads of department.
- To monitor all costs and recommend/ institute measures to control them.
- To ensure that the Department's Operational Budget is strictly adhered to.
- To ensure monthly forecasts are prepared.
- To spend time in the various outlets (during peak periods) to ensure that the operation is managed well by his outlet team and functions properly and to his fullest expectations.
- To be demanding and critical when it comes to service standards.
- To ensure that the outlet team projects professionalism, that employees are well trained in their jobs and are well-groomed and uniformed.
- To ensure that all Food and Beverage forms and reports to be forwarded to the area Food and Beverage Department are submitted properly.
- To maintain all hotel records and forms as prescribed by local hotel management and policies.
- To be able to plan ahead (is pro-active instead of reactive).
- To always be up to date with financial results (budget versus actual) in sales and cost areas and ensure that sales and profit are maximized.
- To control expenses wisely.
- To ensure that deadlines on all projects are met.
- To ensure that he schedules himself to be available and on duty during peak periods (frequently opening and closing the operation).
- To feel confident in leaving the operation for a period of time due to the qualifies employees he has developed, and who are able to make their own decisions.
- To ensure that meetings are well planned and results-orientated.
- To conduct frequent and thorough inspections of the Food and Beverage Operations (at least once a month).
- To feel comfortable with using a computer.
- To ensure that the various outlets and banquets adhere to all company and hotel policies and procedures and minimum standards.
- To represent the Food and Beverage Department in the hotel's Executive Committee.
- To ensure that all Departmental Operations Manual are prepared and updated.
- To prepare, along with his outlet teams, a yearly Marketing Plan for each outlet which is the basis of the yearly business plan.
- To ensure that an effective marking approach is applied to all outlets in his Food and Beverage Operations.
- To continuously seek ways to assist management in the outlet to maximize revenues and profit.
- To fully understand the market needs and desires for each outlet and ensure that the product lines (menus) are developed by the outlet management team accordingly
- To recruit and select Food and Beverage Heads of department who are able to work within a decentralized management philosophy.
- To train and develop heads of department so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centers.
- To ensure that each head of department plans and implements effective training programs for their respective employees in conjunction with the training department and departmental trainers. To meet with departmental trainers on a monthly basis.
- To ensure that each section heads of department maximizes productivity and morale within their respective departments and that they consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- To delegate responsibilities well.
- To exercise self-control at all times.
- To give his section heads of department and employees positive feedback on their job performance.
- To address his employees by names, and take a personal interest in knowing them.
- To ensure he is known for his fairness.
- To project a positive and motivated attitude amongst his employees.
- To personally and frequently verify that guest in the outlets are receiving the best possible service available.
- To maintain good working relations with Head of other departments.
- To maintain good relationships with staff and external contact persons related the hotel activities.
- To act as Duty Manager for the hotel's scheduled.
- To respond to changes in the Food and Beverage Department as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Accept additional or temporary assignment as instructed by superior from time to time.
At least 2 years experienced in the same position
Enthusiastic with hospitality and culinary art
Has marketing mindset
Organized and responsible
Leadership is a must