Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Front Office All Rounder
Novotel Brisbane South Bank
We are 'relentlessly guest obsessed' at Novotel Brisbane South Bank. Everything we do, we do to help our guests and our people feel welcome and feel valued to give them the best experience possible.
Our hotel is nestled in South Bank, with direct access to The Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre. South Bank is Brisbane's premier lifestyle and cultural destination on the southern banks of the Brisbane River, it is open 365 days a year and attracts an estimated 11 million visitors annually. The hotel offers 238 rooms, an on trend open kitchen and bar and meeting venues for up to 120 delegates.
As a Front Office - All Rounder, you will take care of the guests from the moment they arrive through to their departure by ensuring they have a memorable experience with us.
What we offer?
A few of our employee tag lines are #itsgoodtobeus #feelwelcomed #feelvalued and if you look on Instagram or LinkedIn - you will see this come alive!
We live by our 4 key principles:
- People Crave Belonging
- People Want the Real Deal
- Every Person has a Story
- People Hate to be Wrong
We encourage you to bring the 'real you' each and every day, and connect with our guests and our people.
You will have the opportunity to build your own skills and expertise to reach your personal and career goals. By joining the team, you will unleash a huge array of great employee benefits. In this role you will:
What we are looking for?
- Ensure professionalism and accuracy with information and billing during arrival and departure.
- Positively respond to all queries (both internal and external), redirect to departments as required
- Achieve an accurate and logical work sequence.
- Follow procedures for cash and security on front desk.
- Ensure reservations have correct tariffs and up-sells.
- Ensure messages are accurate and passed on promptly
- Promote a safe workplace by recognising hazards and promoting general WHS practises.
What is in it for you?
- Experience within a hotel Front Office environment
- Previous experience with Opera
- Have the ability to think on their feet and problem solve
- Can go out of their way to create memorable experiences for our guests
- Aware of Brisbane surrounds and in particular South Brisbane and can recommend great things to see and do for our guests
- Confidence in liaising with various internal and external clients
- A high standard of grooming and presentation
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English; additional languages are a plus
- Flexibility regarding your work availability is essential, as we operate 7 days a week, including public holidays
What you will be doing?
- Fun and friendly work environment
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Learn Your Way Academie
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
- Greet, check-in, respond to requests and settle accounts while providing exceptional service
- Take initiative to add a personalized experience
- Proudly promote the hotel facilities, looking for opportunities to enhance a guest's stay through up-selling
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.