Job Description For Front Office Bellperson
Do what you Love, Care for the World,
Challenge the Status Quo!
weLCOME TO SWISS Ô TEL CHICAGO
Over the past several months, our dedicated team has been a beacon of strength as we've managed through the global crisis presented by the COVID-19 pandemic. This crisis has shown the very best of our hotel and we are so proud of how all of our colleagues have been there for each other, offering help, comfort and support through these difficult and unpredictable times. The spirit, passion and determination of our Swiss ô tel Chicago family is stronger than ever before.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Front Office Bellperson
what you will BE DOING:
A smile and warm greeting is what our Guests will receive when staying at Swiss ô tel Chicago . Your engaging personality will make a lasting impression when our Guests arrive at the hotel. You are friendly, detail-oriented and love the rush of handling multiple tasks all at once. You love helping your team in delivering incredible experiences for your guests - and it just so happens you'll be doing just that in an award-winning hotel.
Always willing to lend a helping hand with a smile, your passion for the property, and your respect for our guests' belongings will ensure that our guests Feel Welcome as soon as they arrive.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Open car doors for arriving and departing guests while greeting them warmly
- Assist with the loading and unloading of luggage to and from guest vehicles
- Assist guests regarding hotel facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Timely delivery of guests' luggage, messages and any other items for delivery within the property
- Personalize guests' orientation of their room in a professional, friendly and engaging way
- Maintain presence in the lobby as an ambassador of the property and brand, offering exceptional service to the guests
- Follow departmental policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
your experience and skills include:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Constant lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent lifting and carrying more than 50 lbs
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
what is in it for you:
- Must be able to work any shift assigned, such as holidays, weekends, mornings, afternoons and evenings.
- Service focused personality is essential; customer related experience an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Heart + Artist = Heartist Our Heartist Culture
- Employee Benefit Card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
- Learning & Development programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibilities, such as Sustainability, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Extended Benefit Package
At Accor, we are all Heartists . Passionate and experts in what we do, each and every one of us, with our own personality, master the fine art of welcoming, connecting, and serving others. We are passionate about people and attentive to the world, it is the Heartist way of being.
Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things! The world is more welcoming when we're connected heart to heart. How we do it? We care, we dare, we place people at the heart of everything we do.
We aim at creating exceptional experiences that will turn both guests and employees into raving fans, because our own well-being in our jobs is just as important as our guest fulfillment. Like all good stories, everything is related. We are driven by our shared values. Come As You Are
Imagine a workplace with leaders and colleagues who show up real, who embrace vulnerability, let go of egos and inspire authentic, genuine connections. Come as YOU are b y adding your voice to 120 cultures and counting. Our culture of inclusion welcomes everyone, regardless of race, gender, background, or... anything really!
For five years in a row, our colleagues have voted Swiss ô tel Chicago a Top Workplace and every day we strive to bring our best selves to work to live up to this tremendous honor. We are looking for individuals who love nothing more than to connect with fellow humans. If you love the idea of building a career and being celebrated in your job for simply being YOU - then apply with us today and tell us about yourself! Our Community Outreach
Our colleagues are passionate about connecting to the world and to others. We extend this passion to our Chicago community through our partnership with SOS Children's Villages Illinois, a family focused organization that strengthens broken families, brings education and provides a safe and positive environment for underprivileged children. What started as a fundraising campaign quickly evolved into a heart campaign, giving hope to children, who were once less-fortunate, and showing them that we are dedicated to providing a brighter future. Our Vitality
Made possible by Harry Weese's visionary design, Swissôtel Chicago boasts "forever" views of the Chicago skyline, Navy Pier, and Lake Michigan. Our colleague culture is inspired by Vitality; united by a common goal to deliver heartfelt service, build meaningful relationships and lead quality lives. With incomparable event space, 662 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, a one of a kind penthouse ballroom and flawless food & beverage delivery, Swissôtel Chicago is the premiere hotel in Chicago for leisure and conference guests. About Accor
We are a worldwide Augmented Hospitality leader. We are 300,000 experts committed to reinventing hospitality with unique and unrivalled experiences within our addresses. We are Accor. Our promise is caring and impeccable service. We nurture real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. Our mission is to make the impossible possible to realize your dreams.
We're so much more than hotels-we're creating innovative lifestyle experiences, whether you live, work or play. Blaze your own trail from 50+ hotel brands, restaurants, nightclubs, spas, co-working spaces, and tech start-ups. About Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts got its start in Switzerland, a country known for big mountains and equally high standards of living. Its contemporary Swiss style and locally inspired flair attracts business and leisure travelers who enjoy high-end hotels but prefer fresh innovation to stale pretension. Conveniently located where travelers want to be, Swissôtel provides guests with the opportunity to stay in the heart of city centers worldwide where access to business and shopping districts are right around the corner. Swissôtel properties can be found in over 30 well-located properties around the world, with many more in development.
As guests of the world, every Swissôtel upholds Swiss sustainability standards. In fact, Swissôtel has a mission: to treat guests, team members, and the environment with equal respect. Swissôtel is now part of Accor , a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,000 hotels, resorts and residences around the globe. But no matter how international Swissôtel becomes, just like the country it was founded in, it remains a small hotel at heart.