Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
22 Dec 2021
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 0 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Mercure Bedford Centre Hotel
Professional techniques / Production
- Develops close relationships with guests throughout their stay with the aim of gaining their loyalty,
- Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into consideration,
- Handles guest complaints if they have not been dealt with by team members and provides a rapid solution,
- Conveys the hotel's image,
Talent and Culture Responsibilities
- Ensures that the hotel's pricing policy is correctly applied (price value, start and end of price validity),
- Keeps the database up-to-date,
- Ensures that guest documentation and information is available and up-to-date,
- Ensures that information in the directory and e-directory is clear and up-to-date,
- Draws up the rules and processes governing overbooking and the removal of guests from rooms,
- Ensures that internal audit procedures are duly applied,
- Ensures rotas are completed and timesheets are correct.
- Assists the hotels operations when needed
Assist the (Department) Management Team in the following:
- Establish on-going On Job Training Programs within the department to meet Brand and Service Standards. Use Department Procedure Manuals as a base for all service procedures training.
Commercial / Sales
- Induct new staff into the team, department and Hotel in the first week of their employment following guidelines. Ensure that all staff under your control carry out their duties in accordance with the Brand and Service Standards and Procedures Manuals.
- Openly communicate with staff ensuring regular briefings occur and all relevant information is passed on.
- Ensure that strategies and practices are in place to facilitate the efficient and effective staffing of department to achieve financial and service quality targets.
- Create a team that works together with trust and takes responsibility to meet the goals of the department / Hotel.
- Implement Accor training initiatives with particular emphasis on coordinated and structured on job training aligned with service standards and service procedures.
- Develop and implement with Shift Leaders, strategies to minimize staff turnover.
- Appraise staff performance utilizing the Accor performance review system; ensure frontline performance reviews are conducted for probationary and annual reviews; correct performance issues and counsel as required.
- Ensure staff presentation is consistent with Hotel staff handbook; uniforms correctly presented; name badges worn.
- Achieve effective communication by briefing and debriefing staff, holding regular departmental meetings and actively encouraging transparent communication with other departments within the Hotel.
- Recruit staff that are technically skilled or have potential to be through training, and have a natural inclination towards customer focused service.
- Ensure all staff under direct supervision are managed in accordance to the Relevant Award.
- Ensure the employee Department Induction program is completed within 4 weeks.
Management and administration
- Sets up the hotel's pricing policy in conjunction with the Rooms Manager or General Manager,
- Trains the team to use and apply sales pitches,
- Sets the daily occupancy and average room rate targets for the team,
- Ensures the brand and/or Group's loyalty programme is promoted to guests,
- Ensures the team applies the inter-hotel coordination policy to encourage synergy within the marketplace,
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
- Ensures that invoicing and cash operations procedures are respected,
- Updates dashboard charts (revenue, occupancy rates, average room rate, activity forecasts, headcount planning, etc),
- Draws up the annual budget for the department, analyses results and implements any corrective actions required,
- Manages the department's headcount for optimum efficiency,
- Is responsible for the efficient running of the department,
- Ensures the application of hygiene, safety and environment regulations
- Applies and ensures application of the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc),
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc),
- Is responsible for the security of people and property in the area under his/her remit,