Hotels & Resorts
Front of House
Job Role :
Assistant Front Office Manager
Validate Through :
Salary Range (monthly):
USD 1 to 2,000
Salary Description: Competetive Salary Offered
Job Description For Front Office Manager
Mercure Darwin Airport Resort
At Accor, we are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 260,000 hospitality experts placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement beyond limits. We take care of millions of guests in our 5,100 addresses.
Mercure Darwin Airport Resort and Novotel Darwin Airport Hotel . Located across the street from each other.
Mercure Darwin Airport Resort is just steps from the airport and 15 minutes from the Darwin CBD. We cater for corporate travellers and school or sports groups, the adjacent Novotel Darwin Airport Hotel offers a range of room styles and conference facilities.
In your role as Front Office Manager you will report to the Operations Manager & General Manager, and be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Front Office team. This role is a hands-on, customer focused role, and requires a person who can help lead the team in meeting and maintaining brand standards to achieve a reputation as a market leader in the industry.
Below will be some of the responsibilities and expectations
- Management of the Hotel Front Office operation to achieve a reputation as a market leader
- Effective supervision of all guest arrivals and departures, ensuring that room allocations and check in/check out processes follow set procedures and are customer focused.
- Full utilization of the Front Office system, ensuring accuracy in use and a range of accurate reports are produced to meet operational needs.
- Supervision of lobby services (including Car parking and Porter services where applicable), ensuring guest arrivals and departures are as efficient as possible.
- Regular liaison with Maintenance ensuring maintenance requests are completed quickly, focusing on guest needs as a priority.
- Operation of an effective night audit function in conjunction with the Financial Controller. Accuracy of this daily function being paramount while maintaining customer focus.
- Preparation of Front Office monthly reports, commenting on key company performances and forecasts.
- Daily liaison with the Reservations office to ensure accuracy in room allocation and maximizing of yield.
- Adherence to Emergency Communication procedures ensuring that enquiries from the media are only responded to by the nominated spokesperson.
- Strive to implement the Accor Vision and demonstrate active use of Accor Values.
- Previous supervisory or management experience in a similar environment
- In depth knowledge of Front Office standards and procedures
- Authentic customer service, interpersonal & communication skills & flexibility in your approach
- Impeccable grooming and presentation
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with a PMS. Opera Cloud is preferred but not essential
- Available to work weekdays and weekends including shift work
As the global market leader, Accor Hotels offers a worldwide network of hospitality and tourism services, with a diverse portfolio of renowned brands. Just a few of the perks include:
- Ongoing career and professional development opportunities
- A rewarding work environment
- Global discounts on hotels & Food and Beverage
This is a Full-Time position.
Apply online via Seek with your resume and cover letter, tell us about you, what drives you, why you want to be a part of this dynamic team.
If you have any questions please contact Stephanie Tang, Talent & Culture Executive on 0889 207 807 or via [email protected]
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.